We were not surprised at the level of interest in this set of patents because of their applicability to numerous ‘hot’ areas of technology.
Las Vegas, NV (PRWEB) March 31, 2014
Vision IP LLC (“Vision IP”) is pleased to offer several patent portfolios owned by Trident IP Solutions LLC (“Trident”) for sale in the packet networking and mobile communication space. The patents are separated into six separate portfolios. Each of the patent portfolios provides rights in important technology areas and will be a valuable asset to the purchaser. Trident has indicated that it is willing to sell each portfolio individually or group the portfolios together for a company that is interesting in acquiring the entire batch of patents.
Mel Barnes, Chief Executive Officer of Vision IP, said of this opportunity, “We were not surprised at the level of interest in this set of patents because of their applicability to numerous ‘hot’ areas of technology."
The first portfolio is related to packet networking. This portfolio includes technology relating to the intelligent routing of packets by routers and switches. It also includes patents related to software-defined networking and virtual private networks. The patents included in this portfolio are:
- U.S. Patent No. 6,058,429 – Method and Apparatus for Forwarding Traffic Between Locally Attached Networks Using Level 3 Addressing Information
- U.S. Patent No. 6.546,424 – Apparatus and Method for Analyzing the Effect of Adding a User Group to a Network
- U.S. Patent No. 6,993,039 – System and Method for GRE Heartbeats
- U.S. Patent No. 7,222,188 - Method and Apparatus for Forwarding Traffic Between Locally Attached Networks Using Level 3 Addressing Information
The Trident sale also includes a portfolio related to Mobile Telephone Communications. This portfolio includes technology related to the load balancing of cellular and other wireless base stations. These patents have significant value related to some current and next generation mobile communication standards.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,574,474 – Load Balancing for Cellular and Wireless Systems
- U.S. Patent No. 7,177,649 – System for Load Balancing Based on Class of Service for Wireless Communication Networks
The third portfolio is a single patent related to data transmission. This patent includes claims directed toward dynamically adapting multiple encoded data channels inside a single transport stream. This patent has applicability in voice-over-IP, satellite data communication, cellular data systems, and video-on-demand systems.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,519,259 – Methods and Apparatus for Improved Transmission of Voice Information in Packet-Based Communication Systems
Next is a portfolio containing a single patent related to mobile telephones, Voice-over-IP telephones, and mobile telephone software. This patent has been cited by patents of multiple companies including LG Electronics, Inc., and NEC Corporation. This patent is directed towards a system for allowing telephones to call back numbers from previously received calls.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,442,261 – Call Recovery Method and Apparatus for Attendant Telephone Set
The Trident sales package includes a patent with claims related to a messaging system across a communication connection. This patent is directed specifically to an alphanumeric messaging system for exchanging messages to telephone sets. The patent would provide value to companies that offer IP PBXs, security systems for homes and commercial property, and local messaging systems such as those used to communicate medical alarms messages within a hospital.
- U.S. Patent No. 6,553,106 – Alphanumeric messaging system
The final patent in the Trident properties is a patent related to electronic key management. This patent has been cited by sixty-eight other U.S. Patent based upon its claims directed toward a system that utilizes an electronic key device to transmit to a lock control unit that can lock and unlock doors.
- U.S. Patent No. 7,012,503 – Electronic Key Device A System and Method of Managing Electronic Key Information