Hoboken, NJ (PRWEB) April 07, 2014
Learn the Formula Behind Powerful Presentations
Due to an array of errors and oversights, most business presentations fail to deliver; and, while it is all too easy to blame the ubiquitous “death by PowerPoint” on poor design, the overuse of bullet points or an ill prepared or nervous presenter – the root cause is something more fundamental than that. It starts with a lack of emphasis and investment in powerful presentations. As with many issues, once the problem is recognized, a solution can be found.
Based on a proven process from one of the world's most prominent presentation consultancy and design firms The Presentation Lab: Learn the Formula Behind Powerful Presentations (WILEY; March 2014), by Simon Morton, challenges everything business professionals thought they knew about creating and delivering engaging business presentations.
Morton shares his unique Presentation Optimization™ methodology and takes readers on a guided tour through evolution and revolution to discover what makes an effective presentation (and readers may be surprised to learn that great design is not at the top of the list). He also supports each step with real life examples, with a wide range of companies from across the globe; from multinationals to smaller start-up companies.
The book outlines how to create successful presentations and focusses in five key areas:
- Audience Heatmaps – The Presentation Lab explains why a presenter need to understand their audiences’ motivation and gives them a simple process by which to assess their needs and therefore create presentations that they will really connect with and take action from.
- Audience Pathway – The importance of stories is not up for debate but a story needs to be structured and skilfully delivered if it is to properly engage your audience. The Presentation Lab shares the methodology by which stories bring audience centric presentations to life.
- Presentation Landscape – Business isn’t always done in stuffy boardrooms to a strict agenda. Understanding how the shift in presentation forums, from formal through to informal, affects a presentation is key to staying ahead of the competition. The Presentation Lab provides guidance to ensure that presenters always have the right tools for the job at hand.
- The Power of Visuals – Great visuals can be your best friend…or your worst enemy. The Presentation Lab doesn’t aim to show readers how to create clever charts and animations in PowerPoint but more importantly shines a light on the easily overlooked power of visual subtext – enabling presenters to create visuals with real meaning.
- Blended Presenting – A great presentation needs to be delivered appropriately. Knowing which approach to use to get the best response from an audience requires more flexibility than just firing up a laptop and opening PowerPoint. The Presentation Lab provides a structure that delivers the most from every opportunity using a wide array of tools chosen with an audience, and the presentation forum, in mind.
The Presentation Lab combines powerful proven concepts with practical exercises to deliver a process that forces businesses to rethink and challenge the status quo, elevating presentations way above the norm.