Against the backdrop of doom and gloom predictions by some managers in industry, Homeland Security Research Corporation analysts forecast a strong comeback of the X-ray security industry generating a solid 7% CAGR
Washington D.C. (PRWEB) April 08, 2014
According to the X-ray Security Screening: Technologies and Global Industry & Market – 2014-2020 report, the growth of the rejuvenated X-ray security screening industry will be boosted by three main drivers:
1. The expansion of the Asia Pacific secured facilities and aviation security markets
2. The replacement of more than 40,000 outdated X-ray systems
3. Despite a decade of R&D aiming at new baggage, luggage, cargo and mail screening technologies, there is no modality on the horizon that can competitively challenge the cost-performance of the X-ray based screening technologies.
With more than 690 pages, 254 tables and 324 figures, the new report is the most comprehensive review of the multibillion-dollar global X-ray security screening market, industry and technology trends published to date. The report analyzes each and every dollar of the industry revenues and provides data and analysis on 89 submarkets including 2011-2013 data and 2014-2020 forecasts and analyses. The report addresses the "money trail" of each dollar spent via 5 viewpoints:
- 5 geographical regions
- 20 countries
- 3 vertical markets
- 4 application-technologies
- System sales and aftersale revenues
The report analyzes the X-ray industry and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Current and pipeline technologies, such as single energy X-ray, dual energy X-ray, backscatter X-ray, multi-view X-ray and coherent X-ray
- Competitive environment: 16 leading X-ray vendor profiles including their products, products description and prices. Companies include American Science and Engineering, Astrophysics Inc., Auto Clear, Eurologix Security, Gilardoni, L3 Communications, LIXI, Morpho Detection, Nuctech, Rapiscan Security Products, SAIC, Scanna Msc., Smiths Detection, Vidisco.
- 20 countries airports: 1,195 airports with 2,352 million screened passengers (84% of global aviation passengers). For each country, airports with over 100,000 annual screened passengers are presented including details on the number of screened passengers and the annual growth rate.
- Market & industry analysis: e.g., market drivers & inhibitors, X-ray security industry SWOT analysis
- Business environment: e.g., competitive analysis
- Business opportunities and challenges
Explore more Homeland Security and Public Safety Reports at http://www.homelandsecurityresearch.com.
About Homeland Security Research Corp.(HSRC)
HSRC is a Washington, D.C. based international market research and strategic consulting firm serving the Homeland Security and Public Safety communities. HSRC provides premium market, present & emerging technologies and industry expertise, enabling our global clients to gain critical insight into the business opportunities that exist within the Homeland Security & Public Safety markets. Government clients include the U.S Congress, DHS, U.S Army, U.S Navy, NATO, U.K, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Israel, Canada, Germany, Australia, Sweden, Finland, and Singapore; DOD, DOT, GAO, and the EU are among others. HSRC serves over 650 private sector clients, including all major defense and security contractors and many Fortune 500 companies. 70% of our reports are acquired by repeat customers.