We have over 60 years of NFL playing experience at this camp. This Camp is a great opportunity for pro prospects to get evaluated, to get instruction, and to position themselves to work out in front of NFL teams." Michael Husted.
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) April 13, 2014
As the 2014 football season starts to ramp up, retired NFL kicker Michael Husted is holding the 2014 Husted Kicking Pro Camp in San Diego, CA, from April 12-17, 2014.
"I am excited about this year’s pro camp,” says Husted. “We have over 60 years of NFL playing experience at this camp. This camp is a great opportunity for pro prospects to get evaluated, to get instruction, and to position themselves to work out in front of NFL teams. The knowledge and experience our coaching staff brings to the table is second to none.”
Go here for more information about the Husted Kicking Pro Camp.
Husted, who kicked in the NFL for 9 years, says each year the talent competing at the Pro Camp just keeps getting better.
“We have a solid group of kickers, punters and long snappers, who we feel are NFL prospects, attending the camp,” says Husted. “With this being our 11th year running the Pro Camp, we believe that this year's talent pool will be the strongest yet.”
This year’s Husted Kicking Pro Camp coaching staff includes (along with Husted) former NFL punter Craig Hentrich, former NFL kicker Mike Hollis, former NFL long snapper Justin Snow, former NFL long snapper Mitch Palmer, former NFL punter Dave Brader and former NFL special teams coach Mike Stock.
Husted says the Husted Kicking Pro Camp is the place for those free agent kicking specialists, not invited to the NFL Combine, to be seen by NFL scouts and pro staff. And for those still in college (for the first weekend of the camp) the chance to receive instruction and guidance from some of the best coaches in the nation.
“At the pro level, our event serves as an official alternate NFL combine for those who were not invited to the NFL’s combine in Indianapolis,” says Husted. “For those still in college, the first part of our camp allows kickers to receive professional instruction from athletes who have played in the NFL as well as coached hundreds of players.”
Husted says the camp is specifically designed to help young kickers get their shot at the pro level.
“This Pro Camp has grown to be the most comprehensive pro camp out there for kickers, punters, long snappers and special team players,” says Husted. “Not only do we provide a great platform for exposure to NFL, CFL and UFL teams, but we also have actual playing experience that we share with the athletes that you can't find during instruction or video review.”
- The kicking camp is open to college specialists, draft eligible seniors and free agents.
The kicking camp will include:
- Up to four days of charting and evaluations
- Three days of instruction
- Two days of video
- Small group sessions to ensure quality
The benefits of attending this kicking camp for college specialists include:
- Receiving professional instruction
- Entrance into the Husted Pro Database which is reviewed by all professional leagues and teams
- Honest assessment of skill level
- Game plan for peak performance
The benefits of attending this kicking camp for draft eligible seniors:
- This event serves as an official alternate NFL combine for those who were not invited to the NFL’s combine in Indianapolis.
- The NFL uses a third party organization to select players for their combine, thus over-looking many talented prospects.
- An opportunity to get instruction, evaluation and current video for all professional leagues and teams to review online.
- A chance to see what the pool of talent for specialists looks like since our camp combines draft eligible seniors and current free agents.
- Ranking and Evaluation Presentation to all NFL, and CFL teams at our annual Pro Breakfast before the Free Agent Showcase.
The benefits for free agents:
- To let objective data through our NFL style workouts be used to showcase your talent.
- Receive professional instruction from former NFL players and coaches that have over 50 years of experience.
- Valuable consultation on what it takes to perform at a high level and position yourself for opportunities.
- A chance to qualify to kick in front of NFL, and CFL coaches and player personnel.