London, UK (PRWEB) April 23, 2014
Around 1 billion people across the globe suffer from pulmonary or respiratory diseases. Within the respiratory therapeutic domain, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and asthma are the major categories, calling for nearly 75% of the overall number of patients with pulmonary and respiratory diseases. Bronchodilators and polypharmacy dominates the treatment for these diseases in spite of considerable investments in the development of new agents to treat COPD. It is predicted that by 2020, COPD will likely account for over 6 million deaths worldwide annually. There are a number of opportunities emerging for disease-modifying therapeutic option. However, the development of novel COPD therapeutic options is increasingly focusing on therapies combining 2 bronchodilators into 1 inhaler. Recently, there has been a noticeable growth in the overall COPD drug market. Furthermore, the market is anticipated to grow strongly further during the next decade, driven mainly by the rising demand for novel drugs with higher efficiency.
As of 2013, the world COPD market stood at around USD 12 billion. With a bigger number of novel and more convenient and effective drugs crowding the world COPD market, this market is predicted to grow at a CAGR of nearly 8% and reach USD 17.5 billion by 2018.
New research report “COPD Drug Market Opportunity & Clinical Pipeline Analysis” worked out by Kuick Research is now available at MarketPublishers.com
Title: COPD Drug Market Opportunity & Clinical Pipeline Analysis
Published: April, 2014
Price: US$ 2,200.00
The new topical report presents an in-depth insight into the world COPD drug market, and gives access to a detailed COPD drug pipeline analysis. It contains a comprehensive clinical analysis of the existing COPD drugs, touches upon the most important aspects of the world COPD market, thoroughly discusses the major industry issues and concerns, investigates the major drug development trends and also covers the patient base. The research study dissects the key geographical markets, examines various drugs in different development stages, and provides suspended and discounted COPD drug profiles. In addition, the report scrutinizes the competitive climate in the global COPD drugs market as well as reviews the strongest market players.
- Extensive overview of the world chronic obstructive pulmonary disease sector.
- Comprehensive guide to the global COPD drugs market, encompassing details on the patient pool, clinical trials, patients characteristics, etc.
- Detailed clinical investigation of COPD drugs (types of drugs, dose selection, efficiency assessment, drug development, etc.).
- All-round assessment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease drug clinical trial on the basis of country and phase.
- Review of the marketed drugs for COPD.
- Top-level data on discounted, suspended and no development drug clinical trials.
- Through examination of the competitive landscape.
- Profiles of the top companies.
More new research reports by the publisher can be found at Kuick Research page.