Washington, DC (PRWEB) April 25, 2014
Now available from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) — publishers of the monthly newsletter The AIS Report on Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans — is pleased to announce the release of The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans: 2014, a competitive intelligence resource on this major player in the U.S. health insurance market. The book contains reliable information on Blues plan products, market strategies, acquisitions and alliances, and features financial projections and hard-to-find data on revenues, earnings, enrollment and medical loss ratios. The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans is published independently by Atlantic Information Services and is not affiliated with or sponsored, endorsed or approved by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association or any of the independent Blue Cross and Blue Shield companies.
The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans contains 12 information-packed chapters, with facts, trends and data about:
- Blues’ solutions to challenges under the new insurance environment, including public and private exchanges, Medicare-Medicaid dual-eligibles, and medical loss ratios.
- Blues’ innovative approaches to provider relations, such as “Most Favored Nation” clauses, accountable care organizations, quality contracts and patient-centered medical homes.
- Blues’ continuing development of cost-saving operational tactics, such as health improvement initiatives and collaborations, oncology management tactics, and utilization of social media and other customer engagement tools.
The book is the only source of its kind on Blues’ history, function and structure, providing:
- BCBS trade names and marketing advantages,
- BCBS licensee requirements and association guidelines,
- BCBS plan executive compensation stats,
- Mergers, acquisitions and leadership changes, and
- A directory of Blue Cross and Blue Shield plans.
In addition to a printed book, The AIS Guide to Blue Cross and Blue Shield Plans: 2014 is also available as a CD, containing all of the information in the print version in a user-friendly, searchable PDF format. Plus, all CD purchasers receive a copy of the print version.
For more information, including a complete table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/ais-guide-blue-cross-and-blue-shield-plans.
About Atlantic Information Services
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.