Part of the Schneider Electric InfraStruxure suite of solutions and created for high density applications, InRow RC reduces the distance between the heat source and heat removal, eliminating the mixture of hot and cold air streams.
London, United Kingdom (PRWEB UK) 1 May 2014
Schneider Electric, a global specialist in energy management, today introduced the second generation of the InRow RC as the latest addition to the InRow product line, expanding Schneider Electric’s vast cooling portfolio to meet the evolving cooling needs of an ever-changing data centre environment.
This second generation release introduces two new models that significantly improve cooling efficiency by reducing power consumption while also increasing capacity. The high temperature model, designed for optimal heat removal, leverages warmer water temperatures and outdoor ambient air temperatures to increase chiller efficiency, thus maximizing the hours of economisation.
“With the second generation of the InRow RC, we have taken another step in the evolution of our cooling offerings,” said Lubos Vaclavek, Business Development Manager, Schneider Electric. “This product provides superior efficiency to help customers drive down ever-increasing operating costs.”
Part of the Schneider Electric InfraStruxure suite of solutions and created for high density applications, InRow RC reduces the distance between the heat source and heat removal, eliminating the mixture of hot and cold air streams, therefore improving overall cooling predictability. The solution also features variable speed fans that reduce energy consumption during off-peak cooling periods or when the data centre is partially loaded. This decreases data centre energy consumption to match the demand of the heat load, significantly impacting the overall operating costs of the data centre.
With a user-friendly design, the InRow RC features an intuitive, 4.3-inch color touch screen display to provide fast, easy access to data. Additional key features include:
- Increased Cooling Capacity: Up to 40 kW (136,000 BTUH) and 1510 lps (3200 CFM) max airflow with conditions at 7.2°C (45°F) EWT, 49°C (120°F) RAT, 6.6°C (12°F) dT for the ACRC301S (Standard Temp). Up to 60 kW (205,000 BTUH) and 1982 lps (4200 CFM) max airflow with conditions at 12.8°C (55°F) EWT, 49°C (120°F) RAT, 6.6°C (12°F) dT for the ACRC301H (High Temp).
- Improved Energy Efficiency: 1.0 kW at maximum operating condition for ACRC301S (Standard Temp) and 1.9 kW at maximum operating condition for the ACRC301H (High Temp).
- Condensate Management System: Ensures coil temperatures remain above the dew point by preventing condensation, a process achieved by recirculating coil water; compatible with the ACRC301H unit.
- Intelligent Controls: Monitors and actively adjusts cooling capacity to ensure proper server inlet temperatures. The microprocessor controller provides visibility into the operation and status of the unit.
- Compatibility: The InRow RC is compatible with EcoAisle™ and Active Flow Controller.
The InRow RC ACRC301S and ACRC301H models are now available for purchase. For more information on Schneider Electric’s InRow product line, please visit the Schneider Electric website.
About Schneider Electric
As a global specialist in energy management with operations in more than 100 countries, Schneider Electric offers integrated solutions across multiple market segments, including leadership positions in Utilities & Infrastructure, Industries & Machines Manufacturers, Non-residential Building, Data Centres & Networks and in Residential. Focused on making energy safe, reliable, efficient, productive and green, the Group's 150,000 plus employees achieved sales of 24 billion euros in 2013, through an active commitment to help individuals and organizations make the most of their energy.
Phone: + 44 7887 560218
Phone: +44 7900 302102