Best Friends’ Celebrity Ambassadors are found in a wide variety of fields, from entertainment to music to sports and because of that, the message of Save Them All is reaching into more and more communities of interest.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) April 30, 2014
What do an Oscar® winning actress, a music multi-hyphenate, an NHL star, and a beloved hero dog have in common? They are among the twelve entertainers and public figures joining the ranks of Best Friends Animal Society Celebrity Ambassadors have made a commitment to the national animal welfare organization to use their influence and visibility to raise awareness about the plight of homeless animals in the United States and the work Best Friends is doing to Save Them All.
“To have celebrities use their influence to speak out on behalf of homeless animals is incredibly important,” said Best Friends CEO Gregory Castle. “Every day more than 9,000 dogs and cats are dying in our nation’s shelters and it will only be by everyone doing what they can that we can solve this problem. Best Friends’ Celebrity Ambassadors are found in a wide variety of fields, from entertainment to music to sports and because of that, the message of Save Them All is reaching into more and more communities of interest.”
The new celebrity ambassadors are:
- Ashley Borden (fitness expert, media personality and celebrity personal fitness trainer)
- Danny Trejo (film and television actor known for memorable in “Machete Kills,” “Muppets Most Wanted”, “Breaking Bad,” and “Spy Kids” and many other film and television projects)
- David & Kelly Backes (captain of the St. Louis Blues NHL team, as well as member of Team USA Men's Olympic Hockey, founder of Athletes for Animals along with his wife Kelly)
- Emma Kenney (actress known for her role as Debbie Gallagher on Showtime's "Shameless")
- Hilary Swank (award-winning film and television actress and producer)
- Jackson Galaxy (cat behavior expert, author and star of Animal Planet's "My Cat From Hell")
- Jes Macallan (actress known for her role as Josslyn Carver on ABC's "Mistresses" and wife of fellow Best Friends Celebrity Ambassador Jason Gray Stanford)
- John David Souther (legendary singer, songwriter, musician, producer, actor and member of the Songwriters Hall of Fame)
- Kevin Nealon (actor and comedian known for his film and television roles including playing Doug Wilson on Showtime's "Weeds" and his multiple season run on "Saturday Night Live")
- Lassie (beloved, iconic, American hero dog)
- Moby (global talent and multi-hyphenate, singer-songwriter-producer-DJ-photographer)
- Seamus & Juliana Dever (actors married in real life and best known for their roles as the married couple Kevin and Jenny Ryan on ABC's "Castle")
The newly announced Ambassadors join an already impressive roster of Best Friends Celebrity Ambassadors including: Alyssa Milano, Amy Smart, Autumn Reeser, Bill Maher, Bruce Weber, Carrie Ann Inaba, Charlize Theron, Cloris Leachman, Denise Richards, Dr. Jane Goodall, Ellen DeGeneres and Portia de Rossi, Emmanuelle Vaugier, Emmylou Harris, Eric Roberts, Eric Stonestreet, Gabrielle Anwar, Hawk Koch, Ian Somerhalder, Jason Gray-Stanford, Jillian Michaels, Joanna Krupa, Julie Marie Berman, Kelly Wearstler, Kevin Conway, Kristin Bauer van Straten, Laura Dern, Linda Hunt, Lisa Edelstein, Lu Parker, Maggie Lawson, Maggie Q, Neko Case, Nils and Amy Lofgren, Patrick Fabian, Rachelle Lefevre, Richard Donner and Lauren Shuler Donner, Timothy Omundson, Travis Clark, Tricia Helfer, Valery Ortiz, Willie Nelson and Yeardley Smith.
About Best Friends Animal Society®
Best Friends Animal Society is a national animal welfare organization focused on ending the killing of dogs and cats in America's shelters. An authority and leader in the no-kill movement, Best Friends runs the nation's largest no-kill sanctuary for companion animals, as well as lifesaving programs in partnership with rescue groups and shelters across the country. Since its founding in 1984, Best Friends has helped reduce the number of animals killed in shelters nationwide from 17 million per year to about 4 million. Best Friends has the knowledge, technical expertise and on-the-ground network to end the killing and Save Them All®.
To like Best Friends Animal Society on Facebook go to: http://www.facebook.com/bestfriendsanimalsociety.
Follow Best Friends on Twitter: http://twitter.com/bestfriends.