Dallas, TX (PRWEB) May 03, 2014
Texas Western Hospitality kicked off 2014 with accolades, receiving two of the most prestigious awards bestowed by Hilton, as well as 13 Marriott Select Service and Extended Stay Performance Awards. At the 2014 Texas Western Hospitality Leadership Conference in February, twenty high performing properties and individuals were recognized.
2013 was a historic year for Western International, parent company of Texas Western Hospitality, with the sale of 26 hotels. In addition, Lisa Larson joined Texas Western as COO, bringing her extensive experience from Marriott International, where she served in major management roles for many years.
“2013 was a year of transition, as the company positioned itself for aggressive growth and to drive outstanding performance results. Third and fourth quarter results were exceptional and 2014 performance is starting off even stronger,” said Lisa Larson, COO of Texas Western. “At the conference, it was great to see our leaders and associates recognized for their hard work and dedication to maximize the value of the owner’s hotels.”
Nearly 150 property leaders, corporate team members, and special guests from Hilton Worldwide; Marriott International, Inc.; and Apple Hospitality REIT were in attendance for the Leadership Conference, themed “Be Extraordinary: Celebrating Our Legacy and Building Our Future.”
Leaders from Hilton and Marriott shared information about brand priorities, Western International Founder and Chairman B. Gene Carter lent solid business insights with his trademark humor, and President and CEO Michael H. Mahoney spoke about a strong growth path to develop 3,000 rooms over the next three years.
“It was inspiring to hear from our founder, an industry icon, as well as from our CEO about a strong future for Texas Western,” said Larson.
Among honorees at the event was Hilton Waco Steward Delores Jetelina, who received the first ever Texas Western Spirit to Serve Award, marking 33 years of service.
“Dolores exemplifies what Texas Western Hospitality is all about,” said Larson. “She deserves this recognition for her commitment to taking care of every guest and for inspiring her colleagues. Since childhood, Delores has overcome obstacles and has built a legacy of service.”
Other award winners include Thomas Perez of Courtyard Brownsville, who was recognized as Outstanding GM of the Year, while Paige Rice of TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth and Residence Inn Fort Worth received Outstanding Sales Person of the Year. TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown was named Hotel of the Year, among other honors.
Hilton Worldwide Awards:
- Hilton Phoenix Chandler: Connie Award
- Hilton Phoenix Chandler: Blue Energy Award
Marriott International Awards:
- TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown: Silver Circle Award
- TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre: Diamond GM of the Year, Platinum Circle Award, Cleanliness of Suite Award, Elite Appreciation Award, Maintenance and Upkeep Award
- TownePlace Suites Tucson Airport: Hotel of the Year
- Houston Marriott Energy Corridor: Franchise Property Sales Team Award – Western Region
- TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport: Silver Circle Award
- Residence Inn Tucson Airport: Diamond Circle Award
- Residence Inn Beaumont: Breakfast Improvement Award
- Residence Inn Abilene: Platinum Circle Award
- Courtyard Abilene: Silver Circle Award
- Allie Giraldo, TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown: Sales Excellence Award – GM
Texas Western Hospitality Property Awards:
- TownePlace Suites Fort Worth Downtown: Hotel of the Year, Most Improved RevPar Index Growth, % to Index Goal, Most Improved House Profit
- TownePlace Suites Tucson Williams Centre: Best Overall Guest Satisfaction
- TownePlace Suites San Antonio Airport: Flow Thru to Budget (Highest)
- TownePlace Suites Houston Clear Lake: RevPar Growth
- TownePlace Suites Bryan College Station: Flow Thru to Budget (Most Improved)
- Residence Inn Tucson Airport: TripAdvisor Ranking
- Residence Inn Houston I-10 West/Barker Cypress: RevPar Growth to Budget
- Residence Inn Fort Worth Cultural District: Highest House Profit Percentage
- Residence Inn Beaumont: Most Improved Guest Satisfaction
- Residence Inn Charlotte: Highest QA
- Hilton Garden Inn El Paso Airport: Highest QA (of TWH Hilton properties)
- Hilton Phoenix Chandler: Forecast Accuracy, Best Overall Guest Satisfaction
Texas Western Hospitality Individual Awards:
- Paige Rice, TownePlace Suites Downtown Fort Worth and Residence Inn Fort Worth: Outstanding Sales Person of the Year
- Ruben Ochoa, Hilton Garden Inn Tucson Airport: Community Service Award
- Bill Taylor, Hilton Phoenix Chandler: Outstanding AGM/Operations
- Ad Stephens, Hilton Waco: Outstanding Heart of House (Back)
- Dolores Jetelina, Hilton Waco: Spirit to Serve
- Chelsea Hord, Hampton Inn & Suites Arlington: Sales Productivity
- Thomas Perez, Courtyard Brownsville: Outstanding GM of the Year
- Susie Lim, Courtyard Waco: Outstanding Heart of House (Front)
About Texas Western Hospitality
Texas Western Hospitality is the management arm of Western International, a vertically integrated lodging company with over 30 years of successful history in hotel development and operations. Headquartered in Dallas, Texas, Texas Western Hospitality (TWH) proudly manages several of the finest brands including Marriott and Hilton. TWH has grown to become one of the most respected lodging management companies in the U.S. that currently operates over 35 hotels in four states. Visit http://www.twhospitality.com for more information.