The quality of applicants we are seeing is tremendous.
Syracuse, NY (PRWEB) May 27, 2014
StartFast Venture Accelerator announced the names of six startup teams that will be participating in this summer’s program, beginning today. The finalists were selected from more than a thousand startups in a five-month process.
The 2014 teams coming to Syracuse this summer are:
- Instamour (Philadelphia, PA) Instamour allows you to create real relationships via instant messaging, live video chat, and virtual phone calls, without giving away your personal information. (http://www.instamour.com)
- Interface Foundry (NYC) Interface Foundry lets you browse and build responsive data bubbles. (http://interfacefoundry.com/)
- Mass Mosaic (Kingston, NY and Melbourne, Australia) Mass Mosaic is an online catalog of Earth's needs and resources. Anyone can add to the catalog and use it to exchange anything! (http://massmosaic.com/)
- Platypus TV (Syracuse, NY and Rochester, NY) Platypus TV is a social platform that time-stamps conversations to television episodes, allowing for a shared experience no matter the time. (http://platypustv.com/)
- Sooligan (Berkeley, CA) Sooligan makes college life a little more exciting. Know what students are ranting, raving, and thinking about in any city, at any time. (http://sooligan.com/)
- Zursch (San Diego, CA, and Chile) Zursh is a crowdsourcing platform connecting enterprise research requests with a network of researchers, academic professionals & research companies. (http://www.zursh.com/)
According to StartFast managing director Chuck Stormon, “Each year, the decision to pick the finalists gets tougher and tougher. The quality of applicants we are seeing is tremendous. The six teams coming to Syracuse are excited at the opportunity to work with our nearly 100 mentors.”
“Our program is going from strong to stronger,” added fellow Managing Director Nasir Ali, “Every year, new investors join us and together we are making Syracuse and Upstate NY a destination of choice for global startup founders.”
StartFast is the #1 startup accelerator program in Upstate New York. Typically, less than 1% of the companies screened are selected to participate in the program. StartFast companies aim to make a year's worth of progress in just 3 months. The program is a 12-week bootcamp for startups, providing capital, virtual co-founders and staff, space, and introductions to world-renowned mentors and angel investors as well as big-name venture funds.
StartFast is modeled on TechStars, a seed accelerator launched in Boulder, CO in 2007, which has since grown to run 15 programs in cities around the US and London. In 2011, TechStars formed the TechStars Network (now called the Global Accelerator Network), to link the top accelerator programs in the world. StartFast is a charter member of GAN and the only GAN member accelerator in Upstate New York.
For more information, contact: