aioTV has a comprehensive set of back office tools that enabled us to package and control a unified OTT/multi-channel offering over our existing infrastructure.
Denver, CO (PRWEB) May 29, 2014
aioTV, a global provider of OTT middleware, announced UNE EPM Telecomunicaciones S.A., a major telecom operator in Colombia with over 2M customers will utilize the aioTV platform to combine IP and OTT video with traditional multi-channel content into a single customer experience across devices without replacing the set-top-boxes already in the customer’s home.
“Any Content, One Spot, Any Device - is what we do. MVPDs globally have shared the need to unify content on the TV, they want a branded experience giving their subscribers easy access to Internet delivered video without having to switch inputs on their TV,” said Mike Earle, CEO, aioTV. “UNE’s thought leadership around consolidating complexity was a natural fit for our pass-through video technology.”
“Chosing aioTV provides us the flexibility, speed to market and efficiency needed to keep pace with our customer’s entertainment needs and opportunities in the marketplace,” said Emilio Manjarres, Director of TV and Content, UNE EPM. “aioTV has a comprehensive set of back office tools that enabled us to package and control a unified OTT/multi-channel offering over our existing infrastructure without the compromise of using someone else’s branded box, subjecting our subscribers to islands of apps or forcing us to do custom development.”
- MVPD branded and controlled
- Provides consumers the ability to access existing multi-channel along side OTT with one unified guide and a single remote – without ever having to change an input on their TV
- Rich unified video experience and common UI across devices
- Cloud based back office and custom APIs to leverage existing infrastructure, multi-DRM and authentication
- Portable in any language and runs on any broadband network
- Offer customers a better way to discover and enjoy video
- Targeted advertising, cross promote and upsell existing services
- Social integration with Facebook and Twitter
- Full support for: Connected TVs, iPad/ Android tablets, PC, MAC, iPhone, Android and Amino set top boxes
- Access thousands of apps
aioTV is a middleware platform and back-office tool set that enables video service providers to easily aggregate and authenticate multiple sources of live, on-demand and freely available video content directly to the customer in a single, unified, service provider branded TV experience, with a consistent UI to the TV and across connected devices. The company’s cloud based management platform provides the ability to design, package and control an offering leveraging existing infrastructure, billing systems and DRMs for a quick, seamless implementation.