'The clients that come to see me may not be aware of what they want exactly; they just know that they have chaos and trouble in their life due to a forced retirement or a shift in career. The Darin Method helps them through this transition.' - Linda Darin
New York, NY (PRWEB) June 02, 2014
Retirement is a major milestone in life, but it's especially challenging when forced retirement takes control of the situation. Many people assume they will be able to keep working late in life if they want to, but many experts are more doubtful.
Currently, almost 47% of people retire earlier than planned according to a 2013 study by Employee Benefit Research Institute. This number is expected to increase as an increase in health issues, caregiver responsibilities, and forced layoffs continue. A report published earlier this year by AARP found that the number of unemployed people aged 55 or older grew by more than 70% in the period between 2007 and 2013.
Of course, this situation impacts our lives in many ways both economically and otherwise. Intuitive counseling is a holistic approach that can help with a forced retirement:
1. Money Matters: Skillful counseling may actually save you money. Many are faced with important financial decisions during retirement. Taking care of the emotional well-being enables clients to make sound choices.
2. Professional Paths: The nature of work has changed dramatically. Temporary retirement may open the door to a different career. Many may join the growing ranks of older entrepreneurs. Counseling provides support and guidance for new adventures.
3. Relationship Issues: Retirement also affects new and long-standing relationships. Holistic and intuitive counseling provides tools and methods needed to strengthen a marriage and stay connected to the community.
4. Personal Well-Being: Health issues often become a bigger concern later in life. They can complicate any forced retirement or a voluntary one. At the same time, the whole idea of "the golden years" anticipates that we can focus more on our spiritual well-being. Work with a counselor who will help you realize your full potential.
Linda Darin of NY's Darin Transformations believes that each client's situation is different than another. The Darin Method is a confidential and process oriented counseling method that is customized based on the client's specific needs. Her work helps clients in the Metro NYC area at her two office locations in New York City and White Plains, NY.
Linda Darin explains, "The Darin Method guides clients through a five-part process of self-empowerment:
1. Recognizing negative thoughts, emotions or memories.
2. Getting in touch with the feelings associated with these thoughts (fear, shame, guilt, etc.).
3. Exploring their root of origin.
4. Questioning if these feelings are causing a symptom in a part of the physical body.
5. Beginning Transformation."
Holistic Healing NY and Darin Transformations provides holistic healing, counseling, energy healing, and education services for addiction, depression and anxiety, career and life planning, personal development, fear, grief, marriage/divorce, and trauma in individual, group or family settings.
Contact Linda Darin or call 914-500-3712 to learn how to achieve emotional, mental and physical health and well-being while going through a stressful forced retirement.