Morristown, NJ (PRWEB) June 10, 2014
Schindler Elevator Corporation, a leading global manufacturer of elevators, escalators and moving walks, announces that BUILDINGS magazine has selected its 9600 Escalator Modernization solution as a 2014 Money-Saving Product. The Schindler 9600 is part of an elite group of 97 budget-friendly products showcased in the magazine’s June 2014 issue and on http://www.buildings.com.
Finalists were based on the money-saving qualities offered to building owners and facility managers in areas such as energy consumption, labor reduction, water savings, lighting, roofing, and safety.
Notably, the Schindler 9600 Modernization solution simplifies escalator modernizations allowing for rapid installation and retrofitting, contributing to energy savings and upgrading the current escalator system.
The Schindler 9600 incorporates the latest safety and energy-saving enhancements including:
- Schindler Escalator Energy Efficiency Manager (EEEM), a self-contained, solid-state motor controller which optimizes the efficiency of 3-phase electric motors and typically reduces energy consumption by 20-40% on appropriate applications
- Can be installed with zero building disruption, allowing the building to remain open
- Can be installed without the hassle of removing the core structural component, the truss
- Schindler Remote Monitoring capability, promotes optimal performance and helps return equipment to service faster than traditional troubleshooting methods
- May qualify for utility and government rebates, where applicable
The Schindler 9600 Escalator Modernization solution also complies with all local and international safety standards, including ASME A17.1.
BUILDINGS serves over 74,000 building owners and professional facilities managers in North America. The monthly publication helps readers make smarter decisions relevant to the management, modernization, and operation of their facilities. http://www.buildings.com
About Schindler Elevator Corporation
Schindler Elevator Corporation is the North American operation of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group, a leading global mobility provider with approximately 48,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Schindler supports sustainable urban development with safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions and its equipment moves one billion people every day all over the world. Schindler was named one of Forbes Magazine’s 100 Most Innovative Companies for the past three years. For additional information about Schindler Elevator Corporation, visit the company’s website at http://www.us.schindler.com.