We have been working towards a comprehensive offering of wild-caught and sustainably raised seafood from the very beginning. The popularity of the sustainable fish movement in 2014 really supports our menu direction.
Swedesboro, NJ (PRWEB) June 17, 2014
Rastelli Direct, a company that provides deliverable gourmet foods, announces their embrace of a sustainable fish program for summer 2014. Sustainable fish is forecasted to be a top U.S. summer food trend for 2014 on restaurant menus and in stores alike. Rastelli Direct is accommodating the movement by introducing an eco-conscious initiative to provide customers with the highest quality seafood.
The initiative will include:
- Education and encouragement of customers to experiment with underutilized and under-marketed seafood
- The use of Responsible Fishing Practices to preserve natural habitats
- Wild Caught Fish found in abundance in their natural habitat
- Utilizing all parts of the whole fish
In support of sustainable fish, Rastelli Direct offers an extensive seafood menu featuring Wild Caught and BAP (Best Aquacultural Practices) certified Farm Raised seafood; specifically designed for sustainability.
The Rastelli BAP certified farm raised program focuses on:
- Raising fish species that are in high-demand or species in danger of overfishing
- Raising fish species living in waters that have become compromised
- Practice in clean and natural environments with free-flowing waters pens
“For Rastelli Direct, sustainable fish programs aren’t just a trend for the summer,” said Andrea Carr of Rastelli Direct. “We have been working towards a comprehensive offering of wild-caught and sustainably raised seafood from the very beginning. The popularity of the sustainable fish movement in 2014 really supports our menu direction.”
About Rastelli Direct:
Rastelli Direct provides premium meat, seafood and gourmet gifts from our farms to your family. Through our national delivery program, we give customers the opportunity to recreate the restaurant experience at home with the same gourmet meat and seafood products used by their favorite chefs and restaurants.