(PRWEB UK) 27 June 2014
The awards, now in their 33rd year, recognise the UK’s best site managers, and Miller Homes has once again demonstrated that it is one of the industry’s top performers.
Chris Endsor, Chief Executive of Miller Homes, said: “We are delighted to have achieved another set of great results, and it was particularly pleasing to see that our winners comprised a combination of new sites launched in the last year, such as Wheatfields in Seaton Delaval, Gate House Fold in Bamber Bridge and Royal View in Mansfield; as well as some of our more established sites.
“Building homes safely and to the highest quality is our number one priority, and we work hard to ensure that we are continually raising our standards. To have this hard work recognised yet again is tremendous, and we are extremely proud of all of our winning site managers.
“We perform consistently well in these awards, and I have no doubt that this trend will continue for many years into the future.”
Dedicated to recognising and rewarding outstanding site managers, NHBC’s Pride in the Job Awards are the UK house-building industry’s most prestigious honours.
Site managers are judged on a number of criteria including consistency of high standards, leadership, technical expertise, interpretation, health and safety and ‘the X factor’ – something special which sets the site manager apart.
Mike Quinton, Chief Executive of NHBC, said: "For nearly 35 years, Pride in the Job has been a fundamental component of NHBC's work to raise standards through the celebration and sharing of best practice. Our winners are at the forefront of the house-building recovery, making sure that quality is maintained and improved year on year, as they raise the bar for success in the competition."
Winners of a Quality Award are given the opportunity to compete for a more coveted NHBC Seal of Excellence Award later on in the year.
Notes to editors:
About the NHBC Pride in the Job Awards:
- The 430 winners of the Quality Awards will go through to the next state, when 130 site managers will be selected for a Seal of Excellence Award. Following this, an overall regional winner will be selected and put forward for a Supreme Award, which recognises the overall national winners in the final stage of the competition.
Miller Homes’s 20 winning site managers:
- Steve Cooper, Weavers Court, Castle Donington
- Richard Goacher, Dukesmead, Bingham
- Dean Markley, Royal View, Mansfield
- Paul Williams, Brookfields, Sileby
- Chris Wilson, Sutton Goldings, Kidderminster
- George Heron, Park View, Gateshead
- Paul Ritchie, Wheatfields, Seaton Delaval
- Mark Robson, St Mary’s Green, Acklam
- Simon Robson, The Meadows, Framwellgate Moor
- Peter Hines, Unity Quarter, Salford
- Bill Hughes, Birkacre Park, Chorley
- Ian Lively, Gate House Fold, Bamber Bridge
- Tony Preece, The Coppice, Alsager
- Stuart Lindsay, Rosemount Meadows, Blairgowrie
- David Mathie, Dalmore Mill, Auchendinny
- Jim Martin, Regents Park, Crossgates
- Gary Carmichael, Keepers Gate, Glasgow
- Dan Johnson, Ashtree Park, Sutton in Ashfield
- Shaun Roddis, Lindley Park, Huddersfield
- Vic Young, The Meadows, Ollerton
About Miller Homes:
- Miller Homes is part of The Miller Group. Since it was established in 1934, Miller Homes has built more than 100,000 homes across the UK, providing a variety of properties to meet the needs of a wide range of purchasers at all stages of the property ladder.
- Miller Homes operates in eight regions across the UK – Scotland East, Scotland West, North West, Yorkshire, North East, East Midlands, West Midlands and Southern.
- Miller Homes offers a variety of incentives, including government-backed schemes and its own schemes, to assist homebuyers in purchasing a new home.
- In 2013 Miller Homes was awarded five star rating in the National Home Builders Federation New Home Customer Satisfaction Survey and the results of independent research highlighted that 97% of its own customers would recommend Miller Homes to their best friend.
- Further information is available by visiting http://www.millerhomes.co.uk.