PolyU Fashion Design Graduates Stage 2014 Fashion Show
Twenty-four graduating students from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU)’s Institute of Textiles and Clothing (ITC) displayed their design flair and talent at the 2014 PolyU Fashion Show on 25 June at the Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre. Over 2, 000 industrialists, fashion designers, media friends and fashion bloggers were attracted to the Show.
(PRWEB) July 01, 2014
The graduating students are from the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Scheme in Fashion and Textiles of PolyU, who displayed their talent at the Show and competed for various awards.
The panel of judges was made up of well-known fashion designers and seasoned practitioners of the fashion industry. They are (in alphabetical order):
Mr Barney CHENG, Designer / Director, Yenrabi Ltd.
- Ms Janet CHEUNG, Vice-Chairman, Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association
- Mr Bartley INGRAM, Head of Art and Creative, JOYCE BOUTIQUE HOLDINGS LIMITED
- Mr Eddie LAU, Fashion / Image Designer
- Ms Tina LIU, Founder & CEO, Tina's Choice Fashion Accessories
- Mr Walter MA, Director, WALTER MA & CO LTD
Presenting their original collection of six outfits at the fashion show, the students also competed for seven prizes and three travelling scholarships offered by the industry, including:
- Overall Grand award, JUNGHANS – THE GERMAN WATCH
- Esquel Outstanding Menswear Award
- Long Tai Hong Best Use of Synthetic Leather Award
- M. Magtague Group Best Use of Color Award
- Nan Fung Most Promising Young Talent Award
- Win Hanverky Inspiration Award
- Scholarship of Creativity (sponsored by Hong Kong Fashion Designers Association)
- Travelling Scholarship to Australia (sponsored by Flinders Merino)
- Best Use of Australian Merino Study Tour Scholarship (sponsored by The Woolmark Company)
- Travelling Scholarship to Denmark (sponsored by Saga Furs Oyj)
HO Kwan Shing, Kurt, with his impressive design themed Fallen was the winner of the Overall Grand Award, while CHEUNG Ka Ho, with his design themed “Soul”dier secured two prizes in the fashion show including Outstanding Menswear Award and Scholarship of Creativity.
As the sole provider of tertiary education in fashion and textiles in Hong Kong, ITC offers interesting and exciting opportunities to those who wish to pursue a career in the dynamic fashion and textiles industry. Since its inception in 1957, ITC is committed to educational training and development for the advancement of the Hong Kong fashion and textile industry through various research and scholarly activities.