New Albany, IN (PRWEB) July 09, 2014
Dental patients for years have complained of having to see multiple specialists if they needed extensive dental surgery, including going to a hospital or imaging center for a computed axial tomography (CAT) scan.
But a select few dentists are beginning to get computed tomography (CT) machines, which are the same as CAT scanners, in their office for their patients’ convenience, according to New Albany dentist Dr. Ronald Receveur.
“It’s quite an expenditure, but we did it because it’s what is best for our patients,” Dr. Receveur said.
Earlier this year, Dr. Receveur added a Sirona Galileos 3D Dental Imaging System, which offers CAT scans of the jaw and mouth. CAT scans use a computer to combine hundreds of X-ray images to generate high-resolution, three-dimensional views.
Dr. Receveur’s dental implant clinic in New Albany, across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., is the only practice in Southern Indiana, and one of only about 500 offices in the country, using a Galileos 3D CAT scanner.
Because the technology is new to Southern Indiana, Dr. Receveur wants to offer these 10 tips on ways the Galileos 3D CAT Scan improves patients’ lives:
1. Saved time. No need to set up additional appointments at a hospital or imaging center.
2. Saved gas. No need to drive to a hospital or imaging center.
3. Comfort. Unlike traditional CT scanners, where patients have to lie down in a tunnel, patients sit in an open chair while the Galileos takes its images.
4. Less radiation. Patients are exposed to 90 percent less radiation than traditional scans.
5. Better images. Three-dimensional images find 25 percent more tumors, abscessed teeth and abnormalities than traditional two-dimensional X-rays.
6. Less cost. The Galileos costs about half of a medical CAT scan.
7. Increased options. The CT scanner allows Dr. Receveur and others to plan and place dental implants more accurately.
8. Faster options. Because the Galileos is in house, dentists should be able to give you your options on the first visit.
9. Better accuracy. Because patients sit up in the Galileos, their jaw is in a more natural position during the imaging process.
10. Expanded services. The CT scanner allows dentists trained in snoring and sleep apnea, like Dr. Receveur, to diagnose the condition in-office.
Dr. Receveur, who practices in New Albany, Ind., across the Ohio River from Louisville, Ky., offers Louisville cosmetic dentistry services and general dentistry such as teeth cleanings, X-rays, fillings, extractions, root canals, crowns, teeth whitening and veneers.
Dr. Receveur also is an expert in more advanced implant dentistry like All on Four dental implants, All on Six dental implants, mini dental implants, dental implants in one day, dental implants in one hour, Strickland facelift dentures, bone grafting and sinus lifts, all with IV sedation dentistry.
Dr. Receveur offers a lifetime warranty on dental implants and a five-year warranty on all cosmetic and prosthetic work.
Dr. Receveur, a New Albany native, has been the family dentist of choice for Southern Indiana and Louisville since 1981.
Dr. Receveur was born with a partial cleft palate that left him with a missing front tooth. As a child he “wore an awful removable partial.” As a teenager, Dr. Receveur received a permanent bridge, but his dentist destroyed one of his healthy, natural teeth in the process. These dental experiences helped drive him to find better dental solutions for his patients.
Dr. Receveur graduated from Indiana University Southeast with honors in chemistry, after which he earned his doctorate in Dental Surgery from the Indiana University School of Dentistry.
Dr. Receveur has attended more than 5,000 hours of postgraduate training and even gone to Portugal to study with the best dentists in the world. He has been awarded numerous advanced certifications in Implant, Sedation, Comprehensive, Restorative and Aesthetic dentistry so he may provide the most current dental techniques to his Louisville and New Albany dental patients.
Those looking for New Albany teeth in a day and other cosmetic and reconstructive dentistry should go to NewAlbanyImplants.com for more information.