This is a highly anticipated release, because it delivers File Locking, our most requested feature to date.
Atlanta, Georgia (PRWEB) July 02, 2014
eFolder, a leading supplier of business continuity and cloud file sync services for the IT channel, today announced the general availability of Anchor version 2.0, the latest version of the company’s file sync and share software platform built exclusively for MSPs, solution providers and VARs. Anchor 2.0 includes an assortment of features recently introduced in Anchor 1.8 and adds the critical new file locking capability, the company’s most requested feature to date. Anchor 2.0 gives partners enhanced visibility and control over their client environments and improves collaboration for users.
Anchor 2.0 is the largest release since the Anchor product line was introduced in November of 2012. With nearly 1,000 eFolder partners now utilizing the Anchor product to provide business-class and secure file sync services to their clients, collaboration has emerged as one of the most potent benefits of the product. Anchor 2.0 includes the following features and new capabilities:
- File Locking, enabling users to place a lock on a file or folder for an indefinite or specific amount time, preventing users from simultaneous changing the contents of a file; file locking can also be used to disseminate files and folders that are intended for read-only use
- Revision Rollback, allowing users to rollback all files within an entire root or folder to their revision before a certain date, providing greater protection against CryptoLocker-like viruses
- Agent health reports, showing an up-to-date listing of machines and their statuses, giving additional visibility and control to managed service providers
- Download as .ZIP option, gives users the ability to download folders as a .ZIP file from the web, making it even easier to access large data sets through Anchor
- Individual Shares filter allows admins to view which files/folders users have shared and whom they have shared with, providing additional oversight
- Daily Email Digest, updates users on files and folders that have been updated, helping track activity, especially for highly collaborative and distributed teams
- Policy enforcement features to require the use of two-factor authentication for an organization, enabling enhanced authentication for security minded clients
- New Windows Phone (Windows 8) mobile application, adding support for the world’s fastest growing mobility platform
“This is a highly anticipated release, because it delivers File Locking, our most requested feature to date,” says Pierre Tapia, vice president of product at eFolder. “The growth of our partner base has accelerated expectations of the product and this release is a testament to our team’s ability to meet these new demands. Besides improvements and feature additions, Anchor 2.0 contains a host of additional architectural improvements, which allow us to continue to innovate around the collaboration functionality of Anchor.”
“Partners are already exceeding margins of sixty percent on the Anchor service,” says Ted Hulsy, vice president of marketing at eFolder. “With the new features in Anchor 2.0, partners now have an even larger addressable market for the product and will now be able to empower clients with a richer and more agile collaboration experience. The file locking capability eliminates the biggest pain point experienced by users who are maximizing the collaboration capabilities of Anchor.”
eFolder is a leading supplier of cloud data protection, business continuity and cloud file sync solutions for MSPs, cloud service providers, system integrators and VARs. Delivered as wholesale services to the channel, eFolder enables its partners to provide branded data protection and file sync services and to generate highly profitable, recurring revenue. eFolder services complement many of the managed service offerings already deployed by partners and integrate with common PSA systems, making adoption of eFolder services fast and easy. eFolder also empowers cost-effective partner and end-user private clouds, allowing partners to meet the needs of any client, regardless of size or readiness to engage in public cloud services. eFolder is a privately held company and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. For more information, please visit: http://www.efolder.net and follow us on Twitter: @eFolder.
Anchor, a wholly owned subsidiary of eFolder, is the only comprehensive file synchronization platform built exclusively for MSPs, cloud service providers, system integrators and VARs. Anchor is available on Windows, OSX, iOS, Android, Windows Phone and on the web, and can be delivered through public or private cloud models. For more information, please call 415-541-9002 or visit http://www.anchorworks.com.