London, UK (PRWEB) July 07, 2014
Contraception, also termed fertility control or birth control, implies the usage of methods, drugs or devices to prevent pregnancy as a result of sexual intercourse. Contraception methods are available to women and men alike, and can be both permanent (female sterilization including tubal occlusion or hysteroscopic sterilisation, and male sterilisation) and temporary (non-hormonal and hormonal). Hormonal methods, which are currently used by women only, are responsible for preventing ovulation and thickening cervical mucus due to synthetic sex hormones estrogen and progesterone (progestin), or a combination of both. The development of a male hormonal contraceptive drug is a fruitful area of research.
The world contraceptives market is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 5.9% through 2018, driven mainly by the rise in prevalence of unwanted pregnancies, among other factors. The market has also witnessed a surge in strategic alliances in the recent past. The market growth however, is likely to be challenged by the introduction of cheap generic contraceptive products.
Bayer AG, Actavis plc, Merck & Co., Pfizer, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Ltd., Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. are among the leading players in the marketplace.
In-demand research study “Global Contraceptives Market 2014-2018” prepared by Infiniti Research is now available at MarketPublishers.com.
Title: Global Contraceptives Market 2014-2018
Published: June, 2014
Price: US$ 3,000.00
The report covers the actual scenario and growth prospects of the global market for contraceptives over the period starting from 2013 and lasting to 2018. To estimate the market size, the report looks at the revenue generated from the sales of different products utilised for contraception, including drugs and devices. In-depth regional market analyses are available, with the Americas, and the EMEA and Asia-Pacific regions covered. An insightful review of the leading vendors operating in the market space is provided in the research publication as well.
- All-round review of the global contraceptives market worldwide and across key regions, covering market sizing plus forecasts to 2018 and the rate of the sector’s growth.
- Identification and assessment of the prevailing trends in the market.
- Insights into what is and will be driving the world contraceptives market.
- Scrupulous study of the major challenges to the growth in the sector.
- Discussion of the major vendors in this market space.
- Examination of the market opportunities and threats these companies are currently facing.
- Granular study of the various weaknesses and strengths that the industry players possess.
More new market research reports by the publisher can be found at Infiniti Research page.