As one of the premiere organizations in Southeastern Wisconsin who treats mitochondrial patients, we are dedicated to promoting the research and education for the treatment and cure of mitochondrial disease.
New Berlin, Wisconsin (PRWEB) July 12, 2014
Home Care Medical, Inc. one of Wisconsin’s largest and most respected providers of home infusion, home medical equipment, and respiratory care is pleased to welcome the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation (UMDF) for a Family Meeting on Thursday, July 17, 2014.
As part of the national Grand Rounds program, UMDF is pleased to welcome speaker, Dr. Marni Falk, Assistant Professor in the Division of Human Genetics, Pediatrics Department at the Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) and University of Pennsylvania Perelman School of Medicine. Dr. Falk directs the CHOP Mitochondrial – Genetics Diagnostic Clinic to aid in the evaluation and management of individuals of all ages suspected with mitochondrial disease. In addition, Dr. Falk is actively involved in developing improved diagnostic approaches for mitochondrial disease, including whole exome sequencing, and organizer of a global effort to establish a common Mitochondrial Disease Sequence Data Resource (MSeqDR) that will enhance understanding of the genetic causes and global metabolic consequences of mitochondrial respiratory chain disease, as well as pharmacologic therapies.
As the founder of the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation, Charles Mohan, Jr., CEO and Executive Director of UMDF, will also be speaking. Under Mohan’s direction, UMDF has grown into a national operation providing Hope, Energy and Life to the thousands of people affected by the mitochondrial disease.
- Date: Thursday, July 17, 2014
- Time: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.
- Location: Home Care Medical Corporate Headquarters, 5665 South Westridge Drive, Suite 200, New Berlin, Wisconsin 53151
- Cost: Free
- Attendees: All are welcome to attend this UMDF Family Meeting especially those affected individuals, families, nurses, therapists, educators and various allied health professionals.
- Format: Two speakers: Dr. Marni Falk, M.D. and Charles Mohan, Jr., CEO, Executive Director, UMDF. Time will be made available for information, questions and answers.
- Topics include: The role of mitochondrial function and dysfunction in health and disease; basics of therapy; patient registry; political advocacy; clinical trial updates and registration research.
- To register: Visit http://www.umdf.org/familymeetingreg
- For more information: Contact the UMDF Member Services Department at 1.888.317.UMDF (8633) or e-mail email@example.com
“We are pleased to welcome the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation to Home Care Medical for this Family Meeting,” explains Tom Kmezich, R. Ph., Home Care Medical, Director Clinical Services. “As one of the premiere organizations in Southeastern Wisconsin who treats mitochondrial patients, we are dedicated to promoting the research and education for the treatment and cure of mitochondrial disease.”
About Home Care Medical, Inc.
Serving Southeastern Wisconsin since 1974, Home Care Medical, Inc. provides home infusion, enteral nutrition and hospice care; rehab technology; respiratory care; home medical equipment and supplies; and bracing and compression garments. Home Care Medical, Inc. is the WAMES (Wisconsin Association of Medical Equipment Services) HME Provider of the Year award recipient in 2013 and 2012. Accredited by the Joint Commission and an active member of WAMES, the MedGroup and AAHomecare, Home Care Medical’s mission is to enhance the lives of those we serve.
Home Care Medical, Inc. Locations:
Corporate Headquarters, 5665 South Westridge Drive, New Berlin, Wisconsin
Milwaukee Retail Store, 4818 South 76th Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Sheboygan Retail Store, 2922 South Business Drive, Sheboygan, Wisconsin
West Bend Retail Store, 1709 South 18th Avenue, West Bend, Wisconsin