NDB Announces Publication of SOC 2 Type 2 Compliance White Paper Covering 5 Critical Issues for Ensuring Auditing Success.
Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) July 12, 2014
SOC 2 Type 2 compliance is a hot topic these days, due in large part to the thousands of businesses in North America – and around the globe – having to comply with ever-increasing regulatory compliance mandates from customers and regulatory bodies. It’s therefore highly important that organizations gain a sound understanding of the following 5 critical issues relating to SOC 2 Type 2 compliance as this greatly aids and facilitates the overall assessment process:
1. SOC 1 vs. SOC 2. There are clear difference for which service organization need to be aware of regarding SOC 1 and SOC 2.
2. SOC 2 Reporting and the Trust Services Principles (TSP). The TSP’s consist of the following five 5):
- Security: The system is protected, both logically and physically, against unauthorized access.
- Availability: The system is available for operation and use as committed or agreed to.
- Processing Integrity: System processing is complete, accurate, timely, and authorized.
- Confidentiality: Information that is designated “confidential” is protected as committed or agreed.
- Privacy: The service organization’s privacy policies and practices.
3. Policies and Procedures. They’re a large and fundamentally important element of successful SOC 2 Type 2 compliance for service organizations.
4. Type 1 vs. Type 2. It’s important to understand the differences between SOC 2 Type 1 and SOC 2 Type 2 reporting.
5. Obtain a Fixed Fee with all Supporting Documents. Call NDB Accountants & Consultants today!
Contact Christopher Nickell, CPA, at 1-800-277-5415, ext. 706, to learn more about SOC 2 Type 2 compliance and the additional services offered by NDB Accountants & Consultants. Additionally, email Chris at cnickell(at)ndbcpa(dot)com.