Signage is an effective way to gain awareness for business.
Phoenix, Arizona (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Advertising a business to the world begins with strategy, branding, signage and messaging. DiscountSignSupplies.com aids with visual signage to provide messaging that customers will remember and attach to a business and product. Consumers are more likely to purchase a product when they recognize the name. Therefore, effective advertising and use of sign visibility aids in business growth and development. Studies have shown that one street sign or A-Frame outside of a business can increase sales up to 30%. For retail brick and mortar stores, awareness and messaging is essential and directly correlates to the profitability of the business.
Signage shows customers what is being offered and what a business represents through visual messaging. Being creative and effective with messaging is the best, easiest, and quickest way to get a leg up on your competition. Use of all signage methods is the perfect way to relay a message to the world.
Retail signage best practices to consider:
- Keep it simple: A sign’s message needs to be clear. One with too much information is often ignored. Use the five-second rule which states that it is possible to convey the main themes of a sign in less than five seconds. If it takes longer, shorten the message or use a series of signs.
- Be specific: Creating a custom sign allows for narrowcasting, targeting just the right audience at just the right time. When designing a sign, include specific details, such as location-specific instructions and relevant product information.
- Be consistent: Maintain consistent usage of headlines and tag lines. Use this messaging across all mediums to get the word out (Signage, POPs, Internet, Press Releases, etc).
- Write with “Headline Copy”: Be concise. Understand the first principle of print journalism: the punch line matters. Can text be simplified? Can prepositions or extra words be removed? Effective custom signs use message hierarchy: Headline, Explanatory text, Call to action (CTA).
- Create the call to action: Signs are advertisements. As all great advertisers know, you need to get the customer to do something; that’s the call to action. Effective signs need a simple goal.
Physical signage methods that will make your business stand out (Note: This is not an exhaustive list).
3. Vehicle Graphics
4. Banner Signs
5. Promotional Marketing
6. Trade Show Signage and Booth Displays
7. Table Banners
9. Display Signage
10. Retail Shop Signage
5 Key Signage Statistics
1. Nearly 7 in 10 (68%) of consumers surveyed say they have purchased a product or service because a sign caught their eye. — FedEx office survey finds effective signage critical to store sales, May 14, 2012
2. The average business gets up to 50% of their sales from signage, 85% from within 5 miles — Small Business Association, September 2007
3. The addition of new signage to previously unsigned buildings, and the replacement of existing signage (generally with larger signs) resulted in an average revenue increase of 5% annually. — Small Business Association website, University of San Diego study, 1995
4. Signage is the least expensive, yet most effective, form of advertising for retail businesses.
5. More than two-thirds of consumers (68%) believe that a store's signage is reflective of the quality of its products and services —FedEx office survey finds effective signage critical to store sales, May 14, 2012
Founded in 2011, DiscountSignSupplies.com continues to expand their inventory and offer great products at unbeatable prices. DiscountSignSupplies.com focuses maintaining a large inventory of only the best brand names. Products from well known brands include the Oracal, Arlon, Tape Technology, R-Tape, Transfer Rite, Plasticade, Magnum Magnetic, Banners, Specialty Materials, Daige Solo Cold Laminator, Ledco Econocraft Laminators, Graphtec Plotters, Rincon heat presses and more. To learn more about DiscountSignSupplies.com, visit the website at http://www.discountsignsupplies.com, or contact customer service Monday through Friday between the hours of 7:00 AM and 3:30 PM at 1.855.712.5082.