The Northwood Neighborhood Awards program is a new way to highlight distinctive or special places in our region on a micro-level.
Pittsburgh, PA (PRWEB) July 17, 2014
Northwood Realty Services, in partnership with In Community Magazines, today announced winners of the Northwood Neighborhood Awards, a first-ever program to showcase all the “hidden gems” that collectively make the Pittsburgh region such a great place to live. In addition to full bragging rights, winners in each category can be viewed at Northwood Knows Neighborhoods. Select winners will also be featured in the fall and winter issues of InCommunity Magazines.
“The Northwood Neighborhood Awards program was created as a new way to highlight distinctive or special places on a micro-level,” according to Tom Hosack, CEO and president of Northwood Realty Services.
“Northwood Realty is particularly qualified to lead this initiative, as our 1,000+ real estate agents across the region have intimate knowledge of, and firsthand experience with the unique amenities associated with the streets, developments, neighborhoods and communities throughout our region,” noted Hosack.
Nominations were free and open to all residents within Allegheny, Butler, Washington or Westmoreland counties, across a range of categories starting March 1. Each of the nominations was reviewed by a diverse panel of neighborhood experts from Northwood Realty Services and other community stakeholders, who selected multiple winners in each category.
The 2014 Northwood Neighborhood Award winners are:
Best All-Around Neighborhood
- North First Place Winner: North Hills Estates (Ross Township)
- North Winners: Valley Drive (Fox Chapel); Field Club Estates (North Allegheny); Highland Village (Seneca/Mars)
- South First Place Winner: Longuevue Drive (Mt. Lebanon)
- South Winners: Trotwood Manor West (Upper St. Clair); Hoodridge Drive (Mt. Lebanon)
- East First Place Winner: Crescent Hills (Penn Hills);
- Winners: Edgewood (Woodland Hills); Regent Square
- West Winner: Oakdale
Neighborhood Spirit Award
- First Place Winner: Fawn Valley Fun (Peters Township)
- Winners: Riverfront Park (Aspinwall/Fox Chapel)
Friendliest Neighborhood Park
- First Place Winner: Hunting Ridge Park (South Fayette)
- Winners: Squaw Valley Park (Fox Chapel); Riverside Park (Oakmont/Plum); Wiltshire Park (Upper St. Clair)
Best Block Party
- First Place Winner: Chestnut Street (Chartiers Valley)
- Winners: Bryant Street Festival (Highland Park); Swan Acres (Ross Township); Cramlington Block Party (Hampton Twonship); Beverly Road (Mt. Lebanon)
Best Neighborhood Yard Sale
- First Place Winner: Bennington Woods (McCandless and Ross Township)
- Winners: Chapel Downs Plan (Fox Chapel); Regent Square; Highland Park
Most Diverse Architecture
- First Place Winner: Bradford Woods (North Allegheny)
- Winner: Standish Blvd (Mt. Lebanon)
Most Breathtaking View
- First Place Winner: Pleasant Hills Road (North Allegheny)
Holiday Decorations Award
- First Place Winner: Myrna & Pinehaven Drives (Bethel Park)
For more information about Northwood Realty Services visit: http://www.northwood.com/.
For more information about In Community Magazines visit: http://www.incommunitymagazines.com/.