With the help of the Paulaner line-up, U.S. beer consumers will feel an authentic part of the world’s largest party, whether they’re celebrating Oktoberfest in Munich or Michigan.
Littleton, CO (PRWEB) July 29, 2014
As Oktoberfest rears its frothy head, beer shops around the U.S. will stock up on beers from Germany, as well as Oktoberfest-inspired styles from American brewers. But when true beer connoisseurs want an original and authentic Oktoberfest experience, they go for true blue Paulaner!
Paulaner is serious about Oktoberfest:
· It was one of the founding breweries that developed the original Oktoberfest style, the Märzen more than 200 years ago.
· It is one of just six official breweries designated to brew and serve beer at the Munich Oktoberfest.
· It produces the #1 Oktoberfest beer in Germany
In the U.S., Paulaner offers two Oktoberfest styles, each with its own rich history and purpose.
- The Original - Oktoberfest Märzen, an amber beer style that was developed to celebrate the original Oktoberfest over 200 years ago. The Märzen name comes from “March beer” since historically, it had been brewed in March to be in peak flavor for the Oktoberfest celebration. Today the beer is available year round in the US due to popular demand. This full-bodied beer with its rich malt flavor and masterful hop balance is highly quaffable at 5.8% ABV. Available in 6-packs,12-packs and kegs.
- The Authentic - Oktoberfest Wiesn. This golden Oktoberfest lager is the only beer served in Paulaner Oktoberfest tents today. It also happens to be the best-selling Oktoberfest beer at the Munich Oktoberfest, and the most popular throughout all of Germany. Brewed once a year, and only available while supplies last, Oktoberfest Wiesn is the pinnacle of German brewing: deep golden color, full-bodied and wonderfully mellow, with a balanced harmonious taste and the pleasant fragrance of hops. At 6% ABV, it is stronger and bolder that the usual lager. For 2014, Wiesn is only available in 12-packs and kegs.
A social media campaign will invite consumers try both and vote for their favorite at http://www.facebook.com/paulanerusa for a chance to win a trip to Munich to visit the Paulaner brewery and meet the master brewer.
“With Paulaner’s rich history, tradition and brewing experience - anyone looking for a true Oktoberfest experience, needs to look no further…” says Paulaner’s U.S. Brand Manager Catherine Parenteau. With the help of the Paulaner line-up, US beer consumers will feel an authentic part of the world’s largest party, whether they’re celebrating Oktoberfest in Munich or Michigan.
Paulaner HP USA, purveyor of the world’s finest beers, is headquartered in Littleton, Colo., and imports Paulaner, Hacker-Pschorr, Fuller’s, O’Hara’s Irish Stout, Fruli, Birra Dolomiti and Dixie beers, Vigna Dogarina and Cavallina wines, and Fuchen herbal liqueur. This list of fine imports is now available throughout the United States at upscale, on-premise establishments.