Winning the Stevie Award was an enormous achievement for me and my business and continues to prove beneficial to our operations every day.
(PRWEB) July 30, 2014
The Stevie® Awards for Women in Business have issued the call for entries for its 11th annual competition. Entry kits and complete details on the competition are available at http://www.StevieAwards.com/Women.
This year the Stevie Awards for Women in Business will honor women in more than 80 categories including, among others, Entrepreneur of the Year, Executive of the Year, Maverick of the Year, Mentor or Coach of the Year, Lifetime Achievement Award, Employee of the Year and Most Innovative Company of the Year. The awards are produced by the creators of the prestigious American Business Awards and International Business Awards.
All female entrepreneurs, executives, employees, and the organizations they run, worldwide, are eligible to be nominated.
The entry deadline is August 27 and late entries will be accepted through September 24 with payment of a late fee. Winners of the 11th annual competition will be announced at a gala awards dinner at the Marriott Marquis Hotel in New York on November 14, 2014.
Many Stevie winners over the years have commented on how their win has positively impacted their business. Niamh Barker, founder and managing director of Britain’s The Travelwrap Company, said: “Winning the Stevie Award was an enormous achievement for me and my business and continues to prove beneficial to our operations every day. I had no idea of the impact that winning this award would have on our business until I checked my e-mail from my hotel room the next morning and online orders had flooded in from across the USA. We now have a growing and loyal customer base in America via online and retail outlets. The Stevie Awards have definitely helped elevate our U.S. presence.”
Winners of the 2013 Stevie Awards for Women in Business included, among others:
- Eileen Howard Boone, President of CVS Caremark Charitable Trust, Woonsocket, Rhode Island
- Chandra Clements, Director of One Legacy Pty Ltd, Gold Coast, QLD, Australia
- Sharon Virts Mozer, Founder and CEO of FCi Federal, Leesburg, Virginia
- Irene Corpuz, Consultant and Operations Advisor of CMI, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Elise Foster Vander Elst, Executive Director of Asia Arts Projects, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
- Linda Carolyn McCall, Founder & CEO of EasyJet, Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
- Daina Middleton, Global CEO of Performics, Chicago, Illinois
- Mitchell Theresia Gouw Ranzetta, Partner of Accel Partners, Palo Alto, California
- Weili Sandi Smith Levya, President of Ultimate Accounting vCon, Plano, Texas
- Women Presidents Organization, New York, New York
- Vaco Los Angeles, Los Angeles, California
- Cenergy International, Houston, Texas
The 2013 Gold, Silver and Bronze Stevie Award winners reflected a diverse group of large and small organizations from around the globe. Organizations that won more than one Gold Stevie Award included Accenture, Child’s Play Communications, Final Salute Inc., CVS Caremark, FCi Federal, Influence and Co., Laserfiche, other, Pivot Communications, TalkSession, Inc., and VerticalResponse.
The Stevie Awards for Women in Business are judged each year by women entrepreneurs, executives and luminaries worldwide. Last year more than 240 professionals participated in the process.
About the Stevie® Awards
Stevie Awards are conferred in six programs: The American Business Awards, The International Business Awards, the Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards, the German Stevie Awards, the Stevie Awards for Women in Business, and the Stevie Awards for Sales & Customer Service. Honoring organizations of all types and sizes and the people behind them, the Stevies recognize outstanding performances in the workplace worldwide. Learn more about the Stevie Awards at http://www.StevieAwards.com and on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.