We’ve applied our philosophy of exploring hidden harbors and secluded coves to our land experiences.
Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 30, 2014
Windstar is launching its first-ever series of Cruisetours, premiering in Asia and Arabia. For those wanting to extend their cruise vacation with a land experience, the Cruisetour collection allows guests to experience the wonders of the Far East without the stress of planning the travel. Starting at $5,299 Cruisetours include: the cost of the cruise, flights to the Cruisetour city, accommodations in a luxury hotel, excursions with an expert guide in each new city, select meals, and transfers.
Guests who book by August 29, 2014 will receive up to a $1,000 airfare credit per person, free hotel and transfers on arrival, a complimentary exclusive Private Event on the voyage crafted solely for Windstar guests, and savings of up to 50% of the cruise fare.
“We’ve applied our philosophy of exploring hidden harbors and secluded coves to our land experiences, handpicking the best excursions to taste the local culture,” said Hans Birkholz, Windstar Cruises’ chief executive officer. “Our Cruisetours take care of all the logistics, so our guests can truly relax and enjoy the destination at hand in exclusive Windstar style, both on land and at sea.”
Singapore, the Malay Peninsula, & Myanmar Cruisetour
- Cruisetour Experience: Travel to a world long closed to western eyes to enjoy the mystical beauty of Myanmar on this 4-day journey. Guests will visit Yangon and Bangan to explore one of the world’s most revered UNESCO World Heritage Sites, the Bagan Archaeological Zone. Highlights include a trip to Phwar Saw Village where locals welcome participants into their homes and share cooking secrets, using the market’s fresh ingredients.
- Cruise: Singapore & the Malay Peninsula, 10-day round trip voyage from Singapore
- Hotels: 5-Star Sule Shangri-La and 5-star Bagan Lodge
- Special Tip: For a limited time receive a free hot air balloon ride in Bagan.
Southeast Asia Unveiled & Angkor Wat Cruisetour
- Cruisetour Experience: Journey to the ancient temples in Cambodia on this 3-day excursion. Guests will start in Siem Ream, with visits to Angkor Wat, Angkor Thom, Tonle Sap Lake, and Les Artisans d’Angkor. Highlights include a traditional Cambodian feast with a cultural dance performance and a guided tour on board a small shaded vessel moving between floating homes and small fish farms.
- Cruise: Southeast Asia Unveiled, a 10-day voyage from Hong Kong to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Hotels: Le Meridien Angkor in Siem Reap and Caravelle Hotel in Ho Chi Minh City
- Special tip: The Angkor Wat Cruistour can be booked either pre- or post- cruise.
Wonders of Civilization Cruisetour
- Cruisetour Experience: Explore the ancient city of Cairo on this 5-day excursion. Guests will leave the ship in Luxor before traveling to Cairo to tour the ancient Pyramids of Giza and the mysterious Sphinx. Local highlights include a tour of the Solar Boat, the ritual vessel believed to provide transport for the Pharoah’s soul to the afterlife, as well as a camel ride through the desert.
- Cruise: Wonders of Arabia, a 6-day voyage from Athens to Safaga
- Hotels: Hilton Luxor, and 5-Star Mena House Hotel in Giza
- Special tip: Join Windstar CEO Hans Birkholz as he hosts this Wonders of Arabia voyage.
To learn more about Windstar’s Cruisetours, contact a travel professional, visit the website or call Windstar Cruises at 800-258-7245.
About Windstar Cruises
Windstar Cruises operates a fleet of small luxury cruise ships known for its intimate yacht style experience and unique voyages to the world’s best small ports and hidden harbors. Its three recently renovated sailing yachts carry just 148 to 310 guests and cruise to 50 nations, calling at 150 ports throughout Europe, the South Pacific, the Caribbean, and Central America. In May of 2014, Windstar launched Star Pride, the first of three newly acquired power yachts. In May of 2015 the company will launch Star Breeze and Star Legend. The power yachts, with a capacity of 212 guests each, will double the size of Windstar’s fleet, making the company the market leader in small ship cruising with 300 or fewer passengers, with a total of 1,242 berths. The additional capacity will open up new itineraries such as voyages to Southeast Asia, Arabia, Iceland, and beyond. Windstar was recently listed on Condé Nast Traveler’s prestigious Gold List, coming in as the #3 cruise line in the world.
For more information including rates and itineraries, contact a travel professional or call Windstar at 800-258-7245. Visit Windstar Cruises online at WindstarCruises.com or Blog.WindstarCruises.com. Windstar Cruises can also be followed on Windstar’s Facebook and Twitter fan pages. Windstar Cruises is part of Xanterra Parks & Resorts, a diversified global travel and hospitality company.