Arlington, TX (PRWEB) August 15, 2014
School is almost back in session and to celebrate, American Mensa has selected its top 10 children’s books that every child should read. Members ranked “Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland” as the No. 1 overall pick. The top-ranked book proves imagination is timeless. “This book can be read and re-read on multiple levels, combining fantasy, adventure, and language analysis; thus, it is enjoyable for children as they grow,” said one of the participating members.
Here are the top 10 children’s books as selected by Mensa members:
1. “Alice's Adventures in Wonderland”- Lewis Carroll
2. “Green Eggs and Ham” - Dr. Seuss
3. “A Wrinkle in Time” - Madeleine L’Engle
4. “Anne of Green Gables” - Lucy Maud Montgomery
5. “Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day” - Judith Viorst
6. “The Lorax” - Dr. Seuss
7. “The Black Stallion” - Walter Farley
8. ”The Little Prince” - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
9. “James and the Giant Peach” - Roald Dahl
10. “Stuart Little” - E. B. White
American Mensa is an organization open to anyone who scores in the top 2 percent on an accepted, standardized intelligence test. Mensa has more than 56,000 members in the United States and more than 110,000 members globally. For more information about Mensa, visit us.mensa.org/join or call (800) 66-MENSA.
# # #