(PRWEB UK) 22 August 2014
As the global market for biosimilars gets set to rapidly expand by more than 20-fold in the next five years, analysis suggests that the market will rise from just $1.2bn last year to $23bn in 2019 (based on the analysis by Frost & Sullivan). With this is mind SMi asked their key speakers for Biosimilars & Biobetters-2014 the following questions:
- How will the entry of originator companies entering the industry really impact on the biosimilars industry?
- How are the current regulatory standards affecting Europe?
- As the ongoing debate regarding ‘naming’ continues, how is this impacting the industry?
- In your opinion, what do doctors think of biosimilars and how willing are they to prescribe them?
- What do you think biosimilars mean to the patient, or do they even know the difference?
To read the interviews with these industry leaders please go to http://www.smi-online.co.uk/pharmaceuticals/uk/conference/biosimilars-and-biobetters?tab=downloads
- Richard Dicicco, Chairman, Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals
- Rakesh Dixit, VP, R&D, Global Head, Biologics Safety Assessment, Medimmune (AstraZeneca Biologics)
- Catherine Akers, Regulatory Affairs Manager, Amgen
- Peter Wittner, Senior Consultant, Interpharm Consultancy
Returning for its fifth year and following on from the major success of previous events, SMI are proud to present the 5th annual Biosimilars & Biobetters Conference, 29th-30th September, 2014, London. With an in-depth focus on the current and future landscape of the biosimilars market, this meeting will allow input from key industry experts in the field to engage in meaningful and important discussions on how to accelerate drug development to market.
The event programme includes unique case studies, presentations and round table discussions on the key issues surrounding biosimilar commercial and manufacturing developments.
22 speakers from leading organisations will deliver innovative case-studies and presentations to include Harvest Moon Pharmaceuticals, Medimmune (AstraZeneca Biologics), Amgen, Lupin Ltd, Merck, IMS Health (UK), Fresenius Kabi Headquarters and more. Two workshops, delivered by Fresenius Kabi Headquarters and PanGenerika will also provide a detailed overview of the current regulatory situation and profitability of biosimilars and biobetters.
For more information, go to: http://www.smi-online.co.uk/2014biosimilars7.asp
Alternatively, contact Fateja Begum on +44 (0) 207 827 6184 or e-mail fbegum(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
Contact for media partners: Julia Rotar, marketing manager, jrotar(at)smi-online(dot)co(dot)uk
Further information available to download online at http://www.biosimilars-biobetters.co.uk
5th annual Biosimilars & Biobetters
29-30 September 2014
Holiday Inn Regents Park
Established since 1993, the SMi Group is a global event-production company that specializes in Business-to-Business Conferences, Workshops, Masterclasses and online Communities. We create and deliver events in the Defence, Security, Energy, Utilities, Finance and Pharmaceutical industries.
We pride ourselves on having access to the worlds most forward thinking opinion leaders and visionaries, allowing us to bring our communities together to Learn, Engage, Share and Network. We hold events in over 30 major cities throughout the world including London, Paris and Singapore and to date have welcomed over 200,000 participants from 80 countries.
More information can be found at http://www.smi-online.co.uk