QCT was an early OCP supporter and is an OCP Solution Provider. The company is now pursuing certification of VMware on its Open Compute hardware.
San Francisco, Calif. (PRWEB) August 25, 2014
QCT, global provider of hardware to cloud datacenters, has launched the certification process to bring VMware cloud infrastructure and management products including VMware vSphere to selected QCT products based on the Open Compute Project (OCP) specification.
At VMworld 2014 in San Francisco this week, attendees can learn more at QCT booth (#2612) and in the VMworld Demo Showcase.
- QCT was an early OCP supporter and was among the first to earn OCP certification for its hardware. The company is an OCP Solution Provider and is now pursuing certification of VMware on Open Compute hardware.
- The certification process is underway for QCT Rackgo X (X300, X500 and X700) product lines, and certification should be complete by the end of Q3 2014.
- QCT’s standard rackmount servers are currently certified for VMware vSphere.
“QCT has the most extensive lineup of OCP-compliant servers, storage and network switches available. Leveraging our engineering resources with VMware’s SDDC capabilities will make Open Compute a more accessible, ready-to-deploy option for customers that want the predictable performance of VMware and the leading-edge efficiency of OCP.”
– Mike Yang, general manager, QCT
“QCT has been a leader in bringing OCP-compliant hardware to new markets, and their work with VMware in the software-defined data center solutions space is another example of how OCP and its technology partners are disrupting traditional datacenter architectures."
– Cole Crawford, executive director, Open Compute Foundation
“QCT has led the way in bringing Open Compute hardware to market, and VMware has led in bringing innovative software solutions to market for the software-defined data center. Both companies are working to bring new SDDC options to our customers who need the efficiency of OCP and the capabilities of VMware solutions.”
– Sanjay Katyal, vice president, global strategic alliances, VMware
About Quanta Cloud Technology
Quanta Cloud Technology (QCT) provides advanced hardware systems to cloud datacenters worldwide. Product lines include servers, storage, network switches, and integrated rack systems. QCT customers want the same innovative cloud hardware technology in use by hyperscale cloud datacenter operators, but in off-the-shelf SKUs with global services. QCT sells cloud hardware that delivers hyperscale performance, efficiency and advanced engineering, with flexible product configuration, rack integration, performance tuning and engineering consulting services to help customers deploy optimized cloud solutions for their unique cloud workloads.
QCT's parent is Quanta Computer, Inc., a Fortune Global 500 company with more than 100,000 employees located at engineering, manufacturing and services facilities worldwide. http://www.QuantaQCT.com.