“DI-Guy 13 continues a tradition of providing cutting edge visualization for simulated human activity. This release cements MÄK’s commitment to providing state of the art content for our customer’s diverse simulation environments.” ~Jim Kogler, VT MÄK
Cambridge, MA (PRWEB) August 26, 2014
VT MÄK (MÄK), a company of Vision Technologies Systems, Inc. (VT Systems), today announced the launch of DI-Guy 13, the first major release of DI-Guy as part of the MÄK product family. This release features more realistic character models and scenario content, as well as major performance and ease-of-use improvements.
One of MÄK’s key initiatives has been to drastically increase the amount of quality content available to users. DI-Guy 13 adds hundreds of new high-quality simulation characters, including a wider variety of casual males, children, EMTs, civilian police, military and civilian aviation personnel, and more types of soldiers in service uniforms. Users will also have an extensive number of prop and non-human models, including new planes, buses, cars, and emergency vehicles, as well as a wide selection of chairs, desks, and other civilian objects found in villages or towns.
DI-Guy 13 introduces many new capabilities that make the software easier to use and configure. These include:
- Streamlined Entity Configuration: It is now easy to apply any hand held device, like a phone, a weapon, or water bottle to any character. Previously, each character had a separate configuration for each item that could be placed in their hands. Users can now find their character of choice and have it hold anything.
- Instancing: DI-Guy 13 makes it easy to build scenes including the many new characters while still experiencing good performance by introducing instanced characters. With instancing, the graphics card can draw all similar character types in a single draw call that was previously required for every individual character.
- Real-Time Inverse Kinematics (IK): Real-Time IK dynamically modifies a character’s animation to adapt to changes in the terrain.
- Animation Blend Tree System: New to DI-Guy 13, this system enables DI-Guy to generate new motions from existing animations in real time. The ability to seamlessly blend similar animations allows DI-Guy to generate new omni-direction locomotion actions.
- Easier Animation Creation and Editing: Users can now import and export animations directly to the Collada format, where standard tools can then be used to modify or build new animations.
- Better Interoperability: DI-Guy 13 introduces support for HLA Evolved. The DI-Guy FOM extensions can now be used with a custom DI-Guy FOM Module. This will make it much easier to integrate DI-Guy scenario into a HLA Evolved Federation.
“DI-Guy 13 continues a long tradition of providing cutting edge visualization for simulated human activity. This release cements MÄK’s commitment to providing state of the art content for our customer’s diverse simulation environments.”
~ Jim KOGLER
Director of COTS Products, VT MÄK