Durham, NC (PRWEB) August 27, 2014
With the changing economy, the case for hospital consolidation has moved from the revenues to improved efficiency and reduced cost. As hospital mergers and acquisitions continue to rise, the big question is where the physicians stand in current scenario. For physicians, solo or small group practices have become challenging as the healthcare system has become more complex because of changing regulations. Physicians are measuring the growing burden of private practice against the ability to focus on patient care as an employee. Keeping pace with innumerable regulations, overseeing staffs and treating patients— can make a physician doubt if the autonomy of being an entrepreneur is worth the trouble.
For physicians, especially for those in primary healthcare (PCPs), the offer of working for a hospital can certainly be less taxing. For instance, an independent PCP earns $150,000 annually, under more stress every year, where he also has to spend $25,000 on an EHR system. Won’t it be better if a hospital offers that physician $175,000 annually for just being a doctor? However, instead of plunging on the first opportunity that knocks the door, physicians need to carefully consider the advantages and disadvantages of merging.
Join expert speaker Debra Phairas in this On Demand session on the practice opportunity for the physicians to consider before making this important practice decisions in today’s growing time of mergers/ affiliations. Debra will discuss about the options physicians have for the future like solo, concierge, mergers etc. She would also cover the alarming rate of "burnout" amongst Physicians, and how Physicians are feeling weighed down by business responsibilities.
This 60-minute session will cover the following topics:
- In future –is a solo or small group practice viable for physicians
- How to survive by savvy management and marketing
- Concierge practice — is it right for physician practice?
- Dos and don’ts of merging with others
- Weigh the pros and cons of single specialty vs. multi-specialty
- Know the deal makers and deal breakers in merging
- Merging— can it reduce expenses/increase net income
- Independence, and increase contracting power to remain in private practice
- Hospital employment or foundation—wondering what to choose?
- How to develop a successful integrated and employment plan
- University affiliation
- Advantages of Hospital/Foundation/University Integration
- Insights on the 3 centrepieces in hospital owned physician group compensation plans
AudioEducator brings the most compelling list of audio conferences on wide array of heath care topics—medical coding, billing, HIPAA compliance, ICD-10, EHR, and more. Get trained from the comfort of your home or office without spending a penny on travel. Pick a format of your choice for training— live conference/On Demand/ DVD/ PDF transcripts and start learning.
For more information, check http://www.audioeducator.com/.
We have enabled a special discount of 10%. Use coupon code SAVE10 to get your discount, Applicable on all purchases. For further query you can call our customer support as mention below.