“We wrote this book because our customers, who are experts in their company’s data, told us they needed help designing business reports that best present that data,” said Shirley Clawson, CEO of Windward Studios.
Boulder, CO (PRWEB) September 05, 2014
“Beautiful Reports: The Non-Designer’s Guide to Designing Business Documents” is a detailed look at the elements that comprise a business report.
The ebook delves into seven basic areas of document design: text, tables, charts, layout, images, colors and navigation. Each chapter serves up tips and techniques on how to create documents that wow customers, colleagues and bosses.
“We wrote this book because our customers, who are experts in their company’s data, told us they needed help designing business reports that best present that data,” said Shirley Clawson, CEO of Windward Studios. “As any chef will tell you, it’s all about presentation. The output must look appetizing as well, or your customers are likely to pass on what you’re trying to serve them.”
“Beautiful Reports” answers such burning questions as:
- Which fonts should I use in my document?
- What spacing should I include between elements?
- Where should I place data in tables to make the data the easiest to read?
- How should I use visual cues to highlight key information?
- How should I set report margins so they are most effective?
- Where should I store images to best access them in my document?
- Which color combinations should I use to enhance readability?
To download a complimentary copy, please visit the Windward Beautiful Reports website.
About Windward Studios
Windward Studios delivers powerful embedded report software and document generation solutions to technology providers, OEMs and enterprises in the financial services, government, energy, insurance, health care and software industries. Windward enables businesses worldwide to create custom reports better and faster. Windward has been delighting customers – technical and non – since 2004. http://www.windward.net