“21st Century Oncology is conducting groundbreaking research across the nation, advancing the field of radiation oncology. We are honored to be chosen to present some of our work at this prestigious conference," says Steven Finkelstein, M.D.
San Francisco, Calif (PRWEB) September 10, 2014
Several physicians with 21st Century Oncology, the nation's premier cancer treatment network and largest radiation therapy provider, have been chosen to showcase their latest research developments at The American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) 56th annual meeting. ASTRO’s annual meeting is the premier radiation oncology scientific event that has over 11,000 attendees each year. This year, the meeting will be held from September 14-17 in San Francisco.
The 21st Century Oncology physicians were given the opportunity to speak at the ASTRO meeting to share the results of comprehensive research hoping to help enhance patients’ lives.
“We are excited to have such a robust presence at ASTRO this year,” says Steven Finkelstein, M.D., Board Certified Radiation Oncologist and 21st Century Oncology’s Chief Science Officer. “21st Century Oncology is conducting groundbreaking research across the nation, advancing the field of radiation oncology. We are honored to be chosen to present some of our work at this prestigious conference.”
Radiation Oncologists who will be presenting their work in educational and research sessions to thousands of renowned medical professionals include:
- Steven Finkelstein, M.D. – Co-Director, Learning Lab; Lecturer, eContouring for Sarcoma; Moderator, scientific session regarding Immunotherapy and the Microenvironment; Discussant, ASTRO plenary session regarding radiobiology and immunotherapy
- Michael Ghilezan, M.D., Ph.D. – Panelist, Quality of Life Following Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer; Educational Session, Interstitial Brachytherapy for Prostate Cancer
- Tyler Hollen, M.D. – Oral presentation, HPV and Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Oropharynx
- Teamour Nurushev, Ph.D. – Educational Session, Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy
- Gustavo Olivera, Ph.D. – Oral presentation, Data Analysis of Radiation Oncology Patient Registries
- Frank Vicini, M.D. – Lecturer, Learning Lab eContouring for Breast Cancer; Panelist, Clinical Trials in Breast Cancer Radiotherapy
Physicians and physicists who have presentations at ASTRO include:
- Christopher Chen, M.D.
- Elisa E. Córdoba
- Eduardo Fernandez, M.D., Ph.D.
- Gustavo Ferraris, M.D.
- Steven Finkelstein, M.D.
- Evan Landau, M.D.
- Constantine Mantz, M.D.
- James Marsh, M.D.
- Niraj Mehta, M.D.
- Xiaohu Mo, M.S.
- Gustavo Olivera, Ph.D.
- Jesse Schulman
In addition, Eduardo Fernandez, M.D., Ph.D. – Board Certified Radiation Oncologist in Plantation, Florida, and 21st Century Oncology’s Senior Vice President of Medical Affairs – will be accepting the esteemed distinction of being named a Fellow of ASTRO. This is one of the highest honors in the profession, created to recognize outstanding physicians for their leadership role in radiation oncology.
“One of the founding principles of our company is our commitment to advancing the field of radiation therapy through research,” says Daniel Dosoretz, M.D., CEO and co-founder of 21st Century Oncology. “Our strong presence at ASTRO demonstrates our commitment to remain the leading radiation oncology provider in the nation.”
For more information about our services, visit http://www.21stCenturyOncology.com.
About 21st Century Oncology:
21st Century Oncology is the largest global, physician led provider of Integrated Cancer Care services. The company offers a comprehensive range of cancer treatment services, focused on delivering academic quality, cost-effective patient care in personal and convenient settings. The company operates 185 treatment centers, including 150 centers located in 16 states. The company also operates 35 centers located in six countries in Latin America. The company holds market-leading positions in most of its domestic local markets and abroad.