Atlanta, GA (PRWEB) September 16, 2014
Care Logistics® announced the launch and availability of Demand Logistics™, a component of the Hospital Operating System™ that allows hospitals to clearly, easily and continuously match patient needs with staff capacity. For the first time, bed placement integrates with a real-time understanding of actual nursing and other staff capacity.
“The Demand Logistics solution integrates an understanding of patient-care needs, anticipated admissions, discharges and transfers, real staff capacity and throughput logistics,” said Jim Rosenblum, executive vice president and CTO of Care Logistics. “This allows the system to suggest the best unit and bed assignment from both a patient and staffing perspective, which ensures that hospitals make the best use of their staff, minimize premium pay, and maintain quality and efficiency.”
Rosenblum said Demand Logistics powers proper bed placement while easily and appropriately assigning shifts and balancing staff across units:
- Aligns the actions of the staff, placing patients and managing workload with big-picture objectives for hospital quality, throughput and staff utilization
- Allows bed managers and unit coordinators to place patients based on patient demand and current and future clinical capacity
- Shows patient clinical requirements on every bed request and matches those requests to units with capacity
- Shows a simple, single live view of actual unit and nursing capacity for every hour of the current and next shift
- Tells staffing managers immediately when units need more nurses, and lets them shift people from one unit to the next with ease
- Accounts for complete patient care needs, including ADT and order activity, when accounting for clinical capacity of the nurse, unit and hospital
The system and software work in harmony with Patient Logistics and Order Logistics as part of the Care Logistics Hospital Operating System, helping hospitals orchestrate the highest quality patient care efficiently and at the lowest cost per case.
About Care Logistics: Care Logistics partners with hospitals to provide the only logistical control system for patient throughput. It combines breakthrough approaches to care coordination and throughput efficiency with powerful hospital logistics software. The result: Reliable and predictable operations that dramatically improve throughput, care quality, patient experience and financial performance.
Care Logistics operates with a single, purposeful goal: Customer First, Dramatic Results.
For more information, contact Care Logistics at (800) 930-0870, or learn more about the dramatic results Care Logistics customers are achieving at CareLogistics.com.