Off-highway engineers are increasingly tasked with ensuring that it’s as safe inside the operator environment as it is outside on the jobsite.
WARRENDALE, Pa. (PRWEB) September 16, 2014
SAE International will offer a free, technical webcast “Sensors for Safety, Efficiency & Productivity” on Thursday, Oct. 16 at 12 p.m. ET.
As part of the Technical Webcast Series from the editors of SAE International, this 60-minute live webcast will feature industry experts who will discuss advances in off-highway electronics that are being developed for increased safety, efficiency, and productivity in the field.
Off-highway engineers are increasingly tasked with ensuring that it’s as safe inside the operator environment as it is outside on the jobsite. This is being achieved through technological improvements from within, as well as from outside the industry. Organic growth combined with technology transfer from other industries is allowing the off-highway industry to take full advantage of advancements in telematics, diagnostics, displays, HMI, V2X communication, and sophisticated software that contribute to exceeding global standards and regulations for safety while contributing to the bottom line. Webcast attendees will be invited to interact with the experts during the Q&A portion of the webcast.
During the webcast, attendees will:
- Explore the latest advances in off-highway electronics that are being developed for increased safety, efficiency, and productivity in the field
- Discover how industry experts are utilizing advancements in technology and software
- Learn how to manage demanding global safety standards and regulations while addressing profitability
Speakers will include:
- D. Dean Houdeshell, Manager of Systems and Applications Engineering, Americas, Danfoss Power Solutions
- Stephen Rohr, Global Director, Technology Strategy, Transportation Solutions Division, TE Connectivity
- Brad Stemper, Solutions Marketing Manager, Case Construction Equipment
Moderator will be Lisa Arrigo, who is the Custom Electronic Products Editor for SAE International.
For more information about the “Sensors for Safety, Efficiency & Productivity,” visit https://event.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1042136. To find the start time in a different time zone, click here.
SAE International is a global association committed to being the ultimate knowledge source for the engineering profession. By uniting over 148,000 engineers and technical experts, we drive knowledge and expertise across a broad spectrum of industries. We act on two priorities: encouraging a lifetime of learning for mobility engineering professionals and setting the standards for industry engineering. We strive for a better world through the work of our philanthropic SAE Foundation, including programs like A World in Motion® and the Collegiate Design Series™.