As a state university dedicated to making a positive impact, we look forward to continuing to expand our involvement in the communities and lives of our students, faculty, and staff in Colorado and beyond.
Greenwood Village, Colo. (PRWEB) September 23, 2014
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSUGlobal.edu) is proud to announce it has donated $10,000 to non-profit organizations in the communities of its dedicated employees as part of its Community Relations Grant program.
“In addition to the incredible contributions our staff members make to our university and its students, they are actively involved in a wide variety of activities that make a big difference to their families, neighbors, and communities at large,” stated CSU-Global President, Dr. Becky Takeda-Tinker. “We created the Community Relations Grant program to give them the opportunity to accomplish even more, and truly recognize their hard work and efforts.”
CSU-Global staff members—located in Colorado and across the U.S.—nominated local charity events and organizations for the grants, and the university’s Community Relations Committee selected 12 deserving non-profits to receive funds in support of their causes. This year’s recipients were:
- The Gathering Place - a daytime drop-in center for women, children, and transgender individuals who are experiencing homelessness and poverty.
- First Tee of Denver - provides the opportunity to children to have a fun, engaging sport alternative.
- Sprout City Farms - works with communities to create sustainable farms that meet the food access and educational needs of surrounding residents.
- Larry Silver Memorial Golf Tournament - raises money to support children and families dealing with cancer.
- Commanders Youth Sports - provides athletic opportunities to kids that promote sportsmanship, leadership, community, team effort, and life skills.
- Literacy Coalition of Colorado - promotes and fosters adult literacy in Colorado through professional development, volunteer training and referrals, and other projects.
- Westernaires - encourages self-respect, responsibility, and leadership in children through horsemanship and family participation.
- Judi’s House - helps children and families who are grieving the death of a loved one find hope and healing.
- Big Brother Big Sister Colorado - provides children facing adversity with strong and enduring one-to-one relationships that will change their lives for the better.
- Colorado Pug Rescue - works to improve the welfare and quality of life of homeless pug dogs.
- Elevation Blueprint - provides affordable English, financial education, computer literacy, and technology advancement classes to people in need.
- Life is Better Rescue - creates a better life for animals facing euthanasia.
“As a state university dedicated to making a positive impact, we look forward to continuing to expand our involvement in the communities and lives of our students, faculty, and staff in Colorado and beyond,” continued Dr. Takeda-Tinker. “Congratulations to all of this year’s grant recipients.”
Email Outreach(at)CSUGlobal(dot)edu for more information about this year’s Community Relations Grant program or recipient organizations. More information about Colorado State University-Global Campus’ 100 percent online bachelor’s degree and master’s degree programs is available at CSUGlobal.edu, or by calling 800-920-6723. Class start every four weeks.
About Colorado State University-Global Campus
Colorado State University-Global Campus (CSU-Global) was created by the Colorado State University System Board of Governors in 2007 as the first 100 percent online state university in the United States. CSU-Global is focused on facilitating adult success in a global marketplace through career-relevant education including bachelor’s degree completion and master’s degree programs. Embracing the land grant heritage as part of the Colorado State University System, CSU-Global sets the standard for quality and innovation in higher education through its expert faculty trained in working with adults in an online learning environment, and through its dedication to student retention, graduation and workplace success. Visit CSUGlobal.edu or call 1-800-920-6723 for more information.