"Building and analyzing the survey was an illuminating exercise and full of great nuggets of information,” said Roberta Caploe, Cynopsis Media’s Editorial Director.
New York, NY (PRWEB) September 24, 2014
Cynopsis, the premier daily publication for television and media executives, revealed the results of its 2014 Salary Survey. The full study can be viewed on Cynopsis Media’s dedicated Salary Survey page.
Cynopsis Media sent an email solicitation to its circulation in July 2014, inviting subscribers to participate in the first-ever annual Cynopsis Salary Survey. We received more than 3,000 unique responses.
The study examined eight major factors—both personal traits, such as gender, and characteristics of employers, such as company size—that contribute to compensation across six distinct job levels—from entry level to CEO.
“Because of our deep roots in the industry combined with what has been a volatile media landscape, we thought it was the perfect moment to canvass our readers and see not only how they’re being compensated, but what their satisfaction levels are. Building and analyzing the survey was an illuminating exercise and full of great nuggets of information,” said Roberta Caploe, Cynopsis Media’s Editorial Director.
A few key findings:
- Maternity leave is the most common “soft” benefit.
- Female media Buyers & Planners earn about 16% less than their male counterparts— and 6% better than the industry norm.
- Salaries in marketing and public relations departments are in line with industry averages for almost every personal factor, but not when it comes to company dynamics (location, type and size).
- Research positions in the Northeast and West reported average salaries of about $112,000, a 43% disparity compared to positions in the Midwest.
- Those working in sales and distribution departments received more bonuses and averaged higher amounts than any other department.
View the full Salary Survey here: http://www.cynopsis.com/form-leads/
For questions, contact Trish Pihonak at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the webpage to view the full report.
About Cynopsis Media
Cynopsis Media is a division of Access Intelligence LLC. The Cynopsis Media family of products includes Cynopsis, Cynopsis Digital and Cynopsis Sports daily e-publications, weekly Cynopsis Kids and Cynopsis Classified Advantage e-publications, Special eReports, Event/Summits and a strong database of Classifieds and more. Visit cynopsis.com.