Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 25, 2014
Specialty drugs continue to dominate the pharma pipeline, which has literally hundreds of these high-cost therapies poised to hit the market. The Oct. 6 webinar from Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS), “Payer Strategies to Manage the Impending Flood of Costly Specialty Drugs,” will detail the impact these new specialty therapies are likely to have on health plans and employers, and the steps organizations can take to attain an optimal balance between improved outcomes and soaring costs.
Ryan Nolan, Pharm.D., MBA, manager of the clinical services department at Diplomat, and Kevin Host, Pharm.D., president of PSG Consulting, will provide 60 minutes of expert presentations followed by 30 minutes devoted to individual questions. They will share valuable perspectives on:
- Which of the new therapies should command the most attention, and why?
- How will these therapies impact the bottom lines of health insurers and employers? What steps can be taken to mitigate the impact?
- Which therapeutic conditions are likely to see new products? How are those classes managed now? How might that change?
- How do the newer therapies compare with existing treatments in terms of their clinical efficacy and price?
- What steps can be taken to position your organization for the effective management of these products? What opportunities exist for differentiating among products based on formulary designs and utilization management tactics?
- What kind of distribution strategies are pharma manufacturers likely to use? How will these tactics impact payers?
- As combination therapies become more popular — and more costly — how can payers manage these drugs and their patient populations?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4p35_100614 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.