HOWELL, Mich., (PRWEB) September 26, 2014
Chem-Trend, a global leader in the development and production of high-performance mold release agents and casting lubricants, is increasing its global presence by expanding facilities in China, Brazil and India.
Investments include manufacturing and R&D facilities, and are helping Chem-Trend:
- Support specific industry growth in each country;
- Provide class-leading, on-site customer service;
- Enhance quality;
- Increase product availability; and
- Reduce supply chain time.
“Customer proximity and hands-on customer service have always been at the core of our successful global growth,” said Devanir Moraes, Chem-Trend president and CEO. “We work locally to better meet the ever-increasing requirements of our customers and to provide tailor-made answers to their specific manufacturing needs.”
Chem-Trend is expanding its Research and Development Laboratories to help meet regional demand with locally customized products. This also continues the company’s longstanding commitment to class-leading customer service, fast response times and product-line support.
“These investments are part of our overall global growth strategy,” said Moraes. “We are strategically entering and expanding in markets to meet our customers’ needs. Working on the shop floor with our customers is an integral part of our value-adding service model and allows us to deliver solutions that translate into market success.”
- Chem-Trend has been present in Brazil for nearly 30 years.
- Chem-Trend is working in partnership on the development of a completely new administration, laboratory and manufacturing complex with its sister company SurTec, a global acting specialist for chemical surface treatment, also part of the Freudenberg Chemical Specialities business group.
- Chem-Trend is the leading release-agent supplier in South America and manufactures all of its product lines there.
- The new production site will accommodate continued growth in the region.
- The investment includes an expanded laboratory with enhanced capabilities to further support its customers’ manufacturing processes and product development, while securing greater flexibility in product localization.
- The new facilities are expected to open in mid-2015.
- The facility opened in 1989, and today manufactures products for the polyurethane, die cast, tire and general rubber segments for Chem-Trend.
- The expansion project is in partnership with Chem-Trend’s sister companies OKS and Klüber Lubrication, both part of the Freudenberg Chemical Specialties business group, offering specialty lubricants and chemo-technical solutions for maintenance and repair.
- The project includes administrative and warehouse facilities, a technical center and manufacturing operations, which are all located in the FCS complex.
- This expansion allows for sales support, customer service, technical service and product development and will become a major technical excellence center for the Southeast Asian rim.
- Phase one was finished in June 2013. When the facility is completed in 2016:
o Covered space will be 17,000 square meters.
o Total land area will be 40,000 square meters.
- The $24 million investment is in partnership with Chem-Trend’s sister company Klüber Lubrication, also part of the Freudenberg Chemical Specialties business group. It will utilize the latest processing technology.
- The Qingpu facility, located approximately 30 miles west of downtown Shanghai, opened in 2008 and currently produces process chemical specialties, including release agents, lubricants and other manufacturing aids.
- The expansion includes a new R&D center that will enable the company to develop distinct product solutions for customers in the region, as well as areas for application testing and engineering, and special laboratories dedicated to release agents, process aids and lubricants.
- Significant aspects of the project are expected to be completed in 2015, including the new administration and training complex. Increased capacity at the manufacturing facility, an extended warehouse and bulk storage provisions are also in the expansion plan and will be completed sometime after 2015.
Since entering the Chinese market in the 1990s, Chem-Trend has expanded their operations to support a variety of markets including automotive, conventional and renewable energy, textile, footwear and construction.
Chem-Trend is continually growing and expanding in the U.S. and Europe as well. In Maisach, Germany, the company has expanded its Thermoplastic and Polyurethane global R&D centers. At the company’s headquarters in Howell, Michigan, ongoing investments are made to increase product development and testing capabilities. At this facility, Chem-Trend has:
- Global industry dedicated product development laboratories;
- An Applied Research laboratory, where future technologies to be used globally are developed;
- Its global Analytical laboratory, supporting regional ones;
- Development of specific test methods used to evaluate products in the production environments of its customers; and
- Systems in place to continually improve the product development process.
Founded in 1960, Chem-Trend is a global organization focused on delivering value-adding solutions to improve quality, reduce costs and boost the productivity of molding and casting operations. Chem-Trend offers a globally integrated network of experienced, knowledgeable and insightful production and technical experts in all major manufacturing regions around the world. Chem-Trend serves global manufacturers through offices in North America, South America, Asia and Europe. As a member of the Freudenberg Group, Chem-Trend adheres to the group’s guiding principles, which include commitments to providing value for customers; innovation; leadership; encouraging the well-being and development of our people; corporate and personal responsibility; and a long-term orientation. Chem-Trend’s company culture, which is intertwined with the guiding principles, drives the organization to deliver exceptional value to its customers through its high standards for conduct. For more information, visit http://www.chemtrend.com.