Washington, DC (PRWEB) September 29, 2014
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is pleased to announce the release of Copay Coupons for Specialty Drugs: Strategies for Health Plans and PBMs, the latest report in its Management Insight Series. The report provides details of steps payers are taking to manage the rising use of pharmaceutical manufacturer-offered copay coupons in specialty pharmacy, ranging from excluding specialty coupons across the board or on a case-by-case basis, to using step therapy or prior authorization to ensure preferred products are used when appropriate. Drawing on case studies that illustrate a variety of practical strategies, the report will help develop multi-pronged strategies to manage specialty drug coupons without compromising patient access.
The report offers information on:
- The differences between copay coupons and patient assistance programs, and the ways they are being marketed by biologics manufacturers.
- Which specialty drug coupons may undermine formulary efforts and which programs may impact medication adherence.
- Tracking and managing the use of specialty drug coupons through a preferred specialty pharmacy or network of pharmacies.
- Evaluating formulary and utilization management strategies to ensure patients and physicians have access to clinically appropriate, cost-effective therapies.
- Understanding the changing strategies of biologics manufacturers as they compete to maintain market share.
- Learning the pros and cons of a number of strategies that can be used to combat the use of specialty drug coupons.
For more information on Copay Coupons for Specialty Drugs: Strategies for Health Plans and PBMs, including a full table of contents, visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/copay-coupons-specialty-drugs.
AIS’s Management Insight Series is designed to provide practical solutions to complex business challenges with the help of the industry’s most insightful advisors and managers. See a full list of titles in this series at http://aishealth.com/marketplace/insight-series.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://AISHealth.com.