ARLINGTON, VA (PRWEB) September 30, 2014
East Tennessee native and country music hitmaker Rodney Atkins wrapped up his third USO tour on Sept. 27 – one of the USO’s final entertainment tours into Afghanistan. ***USO photo link below***
- During his week-long USO tour to Kuwait and Afghanistan, Atkins performed two full band performance shows as well as one small acoustic show. The singer/songwriter also visited several military units and performed for hundreds of U.S. troops.
- Atkins first volunteered with the USO in 2011, when he visited with wounded, ill and injured troops receiving care at (then) Walter Reed Army Medical Center. A year later he traveled to Kuwait and Afghanistan on his first USO entertainment tour.
- Earlier this year, in celebration of National Volunteer Week, Atkins performed a free USO concert for troops and military families at Fort Leonard Wood in Missouri.
- In total, Atkins has visited with and performed for more than 3,200 troops with help from the USO.
- To date, the Academy of Country Music Award-winner has sold more than 7.5 million singles and charted six No. 1 hits including “Take A Back Road,” “These Are My People,” “Watching You,” and “Farmer’s Daughter.” Atkins is currently at work on his fifth studio album for Curb Records and continues to perform headlining dates across the U.S.
USO Photos: http://bit.ly/1n4UQln
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.