22nd Annual Susan G. Komen Phoenix Race For The Cure® Seeks to Raise $415,000 More to Meet $1.2 Million 2014 Fundraising Goal

Share Article

Susan G. Komen® Central and Northern Arizona (Komen CAN AZ) AZ calls on Arizona residents to support and register for 2014 Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure® on Sunday, October 12, 2014. In order to sustain local initiatives and 18 percent short from its targeted race participation goal, Komen CAN AZ aims to raise $415,000 more to meet its $1.2 million fundraising goal.

Whether it’s registering for the one-mile walk, Sleeping-In-For-The-Cure® or contributing to a fundraising team, every effort empowers breast cancer fighters and survivors right in our community.

Susan G. Komen® Central and Northern Arizona (Komen CAN AZ) needs the community to participate in the 2014 Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure® on Sunday, October 12, 2014. Only 18 percent short from its targeted race participation goal, Komen CAN AZ calls on Arizona residents to support and register for the Race.

“There are so many ways you can support the Race for the Cure,” said Komen CAN AZ Executive Director Heather Roberts. “Whether it’s registering for the one-mile walk, Sleeping-In-For-The-Cure® or contributing to a fundraising team, every effort empowers breast cancer fighters and survivors right in our community."

To sustain local initiatives, Komen CAN AZ aims to raise $415,000 more to meet its $1.2 million goal. Komen CAN AZ is one of the largest providers of funding for breast cancer health awareness, education, screening and treatment programs in Central and Northern Arizona with 75 percent of proceeds raised staying local. The remaining 25 percent of proceeds go toward international breast cancer research initiatives.

The community can support the Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure by registering individually, fundraising or sponsoring a team. Visit komenCANaz.org for more information.

RACE INFO

WHAT: The Susan G. Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure® is the signature fundraising and awareness event for Komen® Central and Northern Arizona (Komen CAN AZ). Help save lives and end breast cancer forever.

Experience the new Race site and Race course at Cesar Chavez Plaza in downtown Phoenix, with great parking & lots of nearby activities for everyone to enjoy after the Race.

Komen CAN AZ also welcomes back competitive timing for all Race Day Events, just register as a Timed Adult, Youth, or Breast Cancer Survivor to receive an official time. For patrons unavailable during race day, register for Sleep-In For the Cure® to support the cause.

Komen CAN AZ invites you (and your friends and family) to participate in this critical fundraising event. To register, visit http://www.komenCANaz.org and click on the Race link under the events tab.

WHEN: Sunday, October 12, 2014 6:45 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.

RACE DAY SCHEDULE:    
6:45am – Race Site Opens
7:35am – 1 Mile Walk/Run    
8:05am – Breast Cancer Survivor’s 5K Run
8:20am – 5K Run
8:40am – 5K Walk
10:00am –Survivor Ceremony Starts/ Race Awards Announced

WHERE:    
Cesar Chavez Plaza in Downtown Phoenix
201 W. Washington St., Phoenix, AZ, 85003
Start Line: 4th Ave. & Washington
Finish Line: West of 4th Ave. & Jefferson
Race Course Cert Number: AZJI4007JOE

CONTACT: Register at komenCANaz.org or email raceforthecure(at)komenCANaz(dot)org or call 602-346-CURE (2873)

ABOUT: Susan G. Komen Central and Northern Arizona (Komen CAN AZ) is one of 120 Affiliates around the world dedicated to combating breast cancer at every front. Its service area encompasses all of central and northern Arizona, including Apache, Coconino, Gila, La Paz, Maricopa, Mohave, Navajo, Pinal and Yavapai counties. Through events like the Susan G. Komen Phoenix Race for the Cure®, the Affiliate has invested more than $25.4 million in local breast health and breast cancer awareness projects in central and northern Arizona, and breast cancer research. Join us by calling 602-544-CURE (2873) or visit us online at http://www.komenCANaz.org. Connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.

###

Share article on socal media or email:

View article via:

Pdf Print

Contact Author

Hillary Millecam
Media Contact
+1 4806594520 Ext: 327
Email >
@komenCANaz
Follow >
Visit website