Alexandria, Va. (PRWEB) October 14, 2014
ASIS International, the leading organization for security management professionals worldwide, is pleased to announce Dave N. Tyson, CPP, will serve as its 2015 president. Tyson will be the 60th president of ASIS, succeeding Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, who will become ASIS chairman of the board in 2015.
In their leadership positions, both Tyson and Widup will also serve on the Board Management Committee of the Board of Directors. The Board Management Committee directs the activities between meetings of the full Board. These volunteer leaders maintain the strategic continuity of the programs, products and services ASIS provides. The full 2015 ASIS Board Management Committee is comprised of five people:
- President: Dave N. Tyson, CPP, Senior Director, Global Information Security, Business Process and Technology, SC Johnson & Son, Inc., Racine, Wis.
- President-elect: David C. Davis, CPP, Senior Manager, Sector Security, Northrup Grumman, Fairfax, Va.
- Treasurer: Thomas J. Langer, CPP, Vice President Security, BAE Systems, Inc., Arlington, Va.
- Secretary: Richard E. Chase, CPP, PCI, PSP, Chief Security Officer and Vice President-Security, Safety, and Environmental Health, General Atomics, San Diego, Ca.
- Chairman of the Board: Richard E. Widup, Jr., CPP, Associate Director, Global Corporate Security, North America, Mead Johnson Nutrition, Evansville, In.
The office of the Secretary was filled through an election by the Board of Directors on Sept. 29, 2014 at the ASIS International 60th Annual Seminar and Exhibits, held in Atlanta, Ga.
Two new members were elected in August to serve on the Board of Directors, and will serve a three-year term (2015-2017). They are:
- Jaime P. Owens, CPP, Security Branch Supervisor, Autoridad Del Canal De Panama, Panama City, Panama
- John A. Petruzzi, Jr., CPP, Vice President Enterprise Security Operations, Time Warner Cable, New York, NY
The following board member was elected to a second term:
- Darryl R. Branham, CPP, Director Global Security, Avnet Inc., Phoenix, Ariz.
The following board members will continue to serve on the 2015 ASIS Board of Directors:
- Christina Duffey, CPP, Vice President Operations, Paragon Security, Toronto, Canada
- Godfried Hendriks, CPP, Managing Director and Consultant, GOING Consultancy, BV, Zeist, Netherlands
- Richard F. Lisko, CPP, Vice President Business Development, Allied Barton Security Services, Houston, Tex.
- Joseph H. McDonald, CPP, PSP, Chief Security Officer, Switch Communications Group, Las Vegas, Nev.
The newly elected Board will assume their positions on Jan.1, 2015.
# # #
ASIS International is the leading organization for security professionals, with more than 38,000 members worldwide. Founded in 1955, ASIS is dedicated to increasing the effectiveness and productivity of security professionals by developing educational programs and materials that address broad security interests, such as the ASIS Annual Seminar and Exhibits, as well as specific security topics. ASIS also advocates the role and value of the security management profession to business, the media, government entities and the public. By providing members and the security community with access to a full range of programs and services, and by publishing the industry’s No. 1 magazine—Security Management—ASIS leads the way for advanced and improved security performance.