Visiting RAF Mildenhall was an honor for me and an absolute blast," said Hayes. "Huge thank you to our men and women for not just one awesome show but two incredible USO shows! So excited to join the USO in making every moment count for ...
Arlington, VA (PRWEB) October 14, 2014
Award-winning singer/songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Hunter Hayes wasted no time in taking the USO’s “Every Moment Counts” campaign back out on the road – this time participating in his second USO tour to Royal Air Force Base Mildenhall in the U.K. Still on a mission to share, give and take a moment to thank troops and their families for their service, Hayes performed his chart-topping hits to military personnel and their guests as part of a free, private USO show. ***USO photo link below****
- The Hunter Hayes USO concert took place at RAF Mildenhall at 6 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 11 and was attended by hundreds of airmen and their families.
- To date, Hayes has performed for more than 1,850 troops and military families with the USO.
- Prior to taking the stage, Hayes participated in a USO meet & greet with troops.
- Hayes recently joined fellow celebrities Kellie Pickler, Jason Derulo and Dennis Haysbert, in becoming the latest entertainer to come forward and partner with the “Every Moment Counts” campaign – the USO’s new initiative asking Americans to show their gratitude to troops by helping create and provide real, everyday moments for our military families.
- On September 4, 2014, the talented star pledged his commitment to create special moments that matter for military families at each show off his upcoming Tattoo (Your Name) Tour.
- Since making the pledge, Hayes made his first moment-filled USO visit to Naval Station Norfolk. As part of the visit, Hayes invited two local service members (and their families) to spend quality time with him at two local radio show appearances. He then performed his first USO concert for more than 1,100 troops and military families.
- A Louisiana-born, Nashville-based singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist, Hayes roared onto the music scene in 2011 with his platinum-selling, No. 1 self-titled debut album. With three No. 1 singles already under his belt (including the multi-platinum smash “Wanted,” “Somebody’s Heartbreak,” and “I Want Crazy”), Hayes delves into deeper material on his new album, Storyline. His current single, “Tattoo,” is already in the Top 30 and climbing at Country radio. Hayes continues to headline shows across the U.S. and Canada, and will launch his headlining Tattoo (Your Name) Tour on Oct. 30. For more information, visit http://www.HunterHayes.com.
- For more information on “Every Moment Counts,” please visit USOmoments.org or join the conversation on Facebook or Twitter using #USOMoments.
Attributed to Hunter Hayes:
“Visiting RAF Mildenhall was an honor for me and an absolute blast. Huge thank you to our men and women for not just one awesome show but two incredible USO shows! So excited to join the USO in making every moment count for our unbelievable men and women in uniform!”
USO Tour Photos: http://bit.ly/1s01VlR
About the USO
The USO lifts the spirits of America’s troops and their families millions of times each year at hundreds of places worldwide. We provide a touch of home through centers at airports and military bases in the U.S. and abroad, top quality entertainment and innovative programs and services. We also provide critical support to those who need us most, including forward-deployed troops, military families, wounded warriors, troops in transition and families of the fallen. The USO is a private, non-profit organization, not a government agency. Our programs and services are made possible by the American people, support of our corporate partners and the dedication of our volunteers and staff.
In addition to individual donors and corporate sponsors, the USO is supported by President’s Circle Partners: American Airlines, AT&T, BNSF Railway, Clark Construction Group, LLC, The Coca-Cola Company, Grand Canyon University, JCPenney, Jeep, Johnson & Johnson, Kroger, Northrop Grumman Corporation and TriWest Healthcare Alliance and Worldwide Strategic Partners: BAE Systems, BIC, The Boeing Company, ConAgra Foods, FedEx, Harris Teeter, Lockheed Martin, Microsoft Corporation, Procter & Gamble, TKS Telepost Kabel-Service Kaiserslautern GmbH & Co. KG and Wawa Inc. We are also supported through the United Way and Combined Federal Campaign (CFC-11381). To join us in this important mission, and to learn more about the USO, please visit uso.org.
About Hunter Hayes
Four-time GRAMMY nominee Hunter Hayes is a Louisiana-born, Nashville-based singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist who roared onto the music scene in 2011 with his Platinum-selling, No. 1 self-titled debut album on Atlantic Records. With three No. 1 singles already under his belt (including the multi-Platinum smash “Wanted,” “Somebody’s Heartbreak,” and “I Want Crazy”), Hayes delves into deeper material on his new album, Storyline. The emotional lead single “Invisible” resonates with fans across the globe and new single “Tattoo” is already Top 30 and climbing at Country radio. Hayes is currently headlining shows across the U.S. and Canada and will launch his headlining Tattoo (Your Name) Tour in October. For more information, visit http://www.hunterhayes.com.