Washington, DC (PRWEB) October 27, 2014
While it may not be as chaotic as last year’s launch of HealthCare.gov, there are plenty of challenges on the upcoming public exchange horizon. On Nov. 5, the Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) webinar, “Public Exchange Enrollment Preview: Insurer Strategies to Sidestep the Pitfalls Ahead,” will give insights into the potential calamities ahead and strategies some insurers plan to employ to mitigate the damage.
Mark Waterstraat, chief strategy officer and co-founder of Benaissance, along with Milliman’s Susan Pantely, principal and consulting actuary, and Paul Houchens, consulting actuary, will lead a 60-minute presentation, followed by 30 minutes of responses to individual questions. They will provide answers to these and other big-dollar questions:
- Why are last year’s high-cost carriers positioned to win big in 2015?
- Why are re-enrollments likely to be more challenging than bringing in new members?
- To what extent is sacrificing margins for members likely to pay off down the road?
- Why are few members likely to switch plans this fall? Why might they stop paying their premiums?
- Why will the highest premium increases be experienced by enrollees older than 50?
- Why are recent reports of low rate hikes misleading and a potential problem for carriers?
- Why is HHS’s auto-reenrollment good news for “web-broker entities” (WBEs) who will seek to enroll consumers in different plans?
Visit http://aishealth.com/marketplace/c4r37_110514 for more details and registration information.
Atlantic Information Services, Inc. (AIS) is a publishing and information company that has been serving the health care industry for more than 25 years. It develops highly targeted news, data and strategic information for managers in hospitals, health plans, medical group practices, pharmaceutical companies and other health care organizations. AIS products include print and electronic newsletters, websites, looseleafs, books, strategic reports, databases, webinars and conferences. Learn more at http://www.AISHealth.com.