Kansas City, MO (PRWEB) October 23, 2014
Startup fans will have a ringside view of founders competing in the first-ever “Get in the Ring: The North American Startup Clash” pitch competition on Nov. 6 and 7, 2014. The Kauffman Foundation, host of this inaugural North American pitch competition, will livestream the final two rounds as founders from Canada, Mexico and the United States vie for the title of most promising entrepreneur and see who goes on to compete in the global championship.
The following two rounds will be livestreamed at http://www.Kauffman.org/GITR:
- The semifinal round — Nov. 6 at 3 p.m. EST
Fifteen semifinalists — five from Canada, five from Mexico and five from the United States — will each pitch their company’s business model and market, team composition, achievements, and financials. An esteemed panel of judges will determine the eight entrepreneurs who will advance to the final round.
- The final round — Nov. 7 at 8 p.m. EST
This primetime event, held at the historic Midland Theatre in Kansas City, Mo., will feature the eight finalists who will literally step in a boxing ring for a verbal sparring match to compete for the continent’s championship title, prizes and a trip to compete at the global finals in the Netherlands. A cash prize of $10,000 will be awarded to the top finisher and $5,000 will go to the runner-up. Livestream and in-person viewers will have the opportunity to vote on the “audience choice,” who will receive a $1,000 award.
The 15 North American semifinalists are:
- Advolve Media; Winnipeg, Manitoba (Canada)
- Atlantia Search; Mexico City (Mexico)
- Briteseed; Chicago (United States)
- ContratosApp; Mexico City (Mexico)
- FitBark; Kansas City, Mo. (United States)
- Hydrobee; Seattle (United States)
- Identified Technologies; Pittsburgh (United States)
- Maieutic; Oakville, Ontario (Canada)
- Petsy.mx; Colonia Roma, Cuauhtémoc (Mexico)
- Pplconnect; Montreal (Canada)
- RocketJourney; Monterrey (Mexico)
- The Rumie Initiative; Toronto (Canada)
- ShopIndigenous.ca; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (Canada)
- Spot On Sciences; Austin, Texas (United States)
- Torre Médica Metropolitana; Colonia Condesa (Mexico)
Visit http://www.kauffman.org/GITR for a description of each semifinalist.
Event sponsors for Get in the Ring: The North American Startup Clash are Sprint and Combat Brands; media partners are Inc., Marketplace from American Public Media and Kansas City PBS station KCPT.
The Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation is a private, nonpartisan foundation that aims to foster economic independence by advancing educational achievement and entrepreneurial success. Founded by late entrepreneur and philanthropist Ewing Marion Kauffman, the Foundation is based in Kansas City, Mo., and has approximately $2 billion in assets. For more information, visit http://www.kauffman.org, and follow the Foundation on http://www.twitter.com/kauffmanfdn and http://www.facebook.com/kauffmanfdn.