Food and sex go together, but most people feel a bit inhibited when it comes to bringing food into the bedroom.
Los Angeles, CA (PRWEB) October 28, 2014
Food and sex go together, but most people feel a bit inhibited when it comes to bringing food into the bedroom. Dr. Kat, renowned sexologist and family therapist, has some great tricks and tips for incorporating two to the best things in life: food and sex.
1. Spice is Not Always Nice: Stay away from anything too spicy or with peppers in it, as mucous membranes like the vagina, can be highly sensitive.
2. Make Clean Up Easy: The best places to experiment with a little food play are your kitchen floor, your bed with towels or plastic spread out, the shower/tub or if you can get the privacy – your backyard. Clean up should be a snap in any of these areas.
3. Avoid That Nasty Rash : You and your partner should also discuss food allergies and stay away from those foods that might cause agitation (nuts, citric fruits etc.). You don’t need to end your evening with a trip to the ER.
4. Don’t Lose It : Be sure that if you are using smaller foods such as cherries or strawberries that you are careful with insertion. You want to be sure you can retrieve them. Again, it’s no fun to have some medical professional rooting around in your nether regions.
5. Your Body is a Wonderland : Take turns so that both of you can explore one another’s body with the food. Focus on all of those nooks and crannies where your hands or mouth can help you discover sensations you never dreamed of before.
About Dr. Kat: Dr. Kat Van Kirk received her PhD in Human Sexuality/Clinical Sexology from the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. She runs the website: http://www.drkat.com and is the resident expert for Adam and Eve (http://www.AdamAndEve.com). She also is an associate professor at the Institute for the Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco and an adjunct professor at Akamai University in Hilo, Hawaii. Follow her on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/drkatvankirk or Twitter: @drkatsexchat