"Like previous SDBW’s, this year’s festival continues to inspire people to drink local, craft beer and reaffirms San Diego’s reputation as the craft beer capital of America." - Brian Scott, San Diego Brewers Guild President
San Diego, CA (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
The San Diego Brewers Guild has announced dates for the 6th annual San Diego Beer Week, scheduled to take place across the county from November 7-16, 2014.
SDBW, the region’s largest craft brewing event, is a ten-day celebration that encourages people to drink local and support their breweries, while showcasing the continued growth and ingenuity that has secured San Diego’s reputation as the craft beer capital of America.
Tickets are now on sale for the San Diego Brewers Guild’s two-day festival, kicking off on Friday, November 7 with the VIP Brewer Takeover and continuing on Saturday, November 8 with the San Diego Brewers Guild Festival, benefitting the Surfrider Foundation and Fight ALD. In addition, San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer will be tapping the ceremonial cask at the San Diego Brewers Guild Festival. The week will conclude with the Beer Garden at The Lodge at Torrey Pines on Sunday, November 16, a gourmet beer and food paired event showcasing breweries with local chefs.
Throughout the week, over 20,000 craft beer-enthusiasts from across the world will descend upon San Diego to enjoy hundreds of events and explore almost 100 craft breweries. During the ten-day celebration, breweries, brewpubs and industry affiliates will host events ranging from cask nights and beer-paired dinners to specialty events like a mountain bike excursion ending at one of San Diego’s brewpubs.
Since SDBW’s inaugural year in 2009, it has doubled in size in terms of number of attendees, events and participating breweries.
- Attendance: 9,000 in 2009, 20,000 in 2013.
- Participating craft breweries: 33 in 2009, 60 in 2013, over 70 expected in 2014.
- Events: 300 in 2009 and over 600 in 2013.
- During SDBW 2012, approximately 5,943 room nights were created due to industry events, yielding $789,794 in additional hotel revenue. (source: 2012 San Diego Beer Week Room Night Analysis by VisionQuest)
Friday, November 7 through Sunday, November 16, 2014
Event tickets can be purchased at http://www.sdbw.org/guild-festival.
VIP Brewer Takeover: Friday, November 7, 6-9 p.m.
Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, Downtown, $75 - $100
- Come rub elbows with local award-winning brewers and see why San Diego beer is taking over palates everywhere.
- Exclusive event showcasing the county’s finest, rare and specialty beers, including offerings brewed just for this event.
- All-inclusive ticket includes: unlimited beer tasting, unlimited food samples from local craft beer-friendly restaurants and food trucks, commemorative tasting glass, live musical entertainment.
San Diego Brewers Guild Festival: Saturday, November 8, 2-5 p.m.
Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, Downtown, $35 - $55
- Official SDBW kickoff event with San Diego Mayor Kevin Faulconer tapping the ceremonial cask.
- Showcasing the county’s finest, rare and specialty beers, including offerings brewed just for this event.
- Food available for sale from local craft beer-friendly restaurants and food trucks, live musical entertainment.
General Admission Ticket: unlimited beer tasting, commemorative tasting glass
- $35 early bird ticket (through Sept. 30), $40 advance ticket, $50 day of event
Premier Access Ticket: early entrance at 1 p.m., unlimited beer tasting, commemorative tasting glass
- $45 early bird ticket (through Sept. 30), $55 advance ticket, not available day of event
Combo Ticket for VIP Brewer Take Over & Brewers Guild Festival
Port Pavilion on Broadway Pier, Downtown, $100 – advance purchase only
- Admission to VIP Brewer Takeover and Premier Access Ticket to Guild Festival.
Beer Garden at The Torrey Pines Lodge: Sunday, November 16, 12-3 p.m.
$75 per person
- A gourmet beer and food-pairing event featuring 12 chefs and 24 breweries.
- Chefs are matched with two breweries to prepare two separate dishes that pair perfectly with each beer.
- Ticket includes: unlimited beer tastings and food.
- Room packages are available.
For a complete listing of the 2014 SDBW events, please visit http://www.sdbw.org.
Founded in 1997, the San Diego Brewers Guild (SDBG) is a nonprofit collective of San Diego's finest breweries, brewpubs, restaurants and businesses that service the craft beer industry all working towards expanding the county’s cultural niche as America’s best craft beer destination.
The SDBG’s core mission is to promote awareness and increase the visibility of fresh, locally brewed beer through education and participation in community events.
For general info about SDBW, including complete event listings, sponsors, public transportation and accommodations, please visit http://www.SDBW.org.
Event Hashtag: #SDBW