LINCOLN, R.I. (PRWEB) October 30, 2014
Halloween can be a fun-filled night for children and their parents, but it’s important to keep safety in mind. That’s why Amica Insurance is sharing tips to help make this a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Safe Kids Worldwide suggests the following tips to promote Halloween safety:
- When choosing a costume, make sure it’s the right size to prevent tripping and falling.
- Costumes and bags should be decorated with reflective tape or stickers. Kids should also carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen.
- Use face paint and makeup whenever possible, as masks can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths, and with your head up. Only cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks. Be sure to look left, right and left again when crossing.
- Children should make eye contact with drivers before crossing in front of them, and they should always pay attention for cars that are turning or backing up.
- Kids ages 11 or under should not be alone at night without an adult. Children who are out without supervision should stay in areas that are familiar and well-lit, and they should trick-or-treat in groups.
- If driving, eliminate distractions inside the car so you can concentrate on the road and your surroundings. Drive slowly, and be especially alert for kids between 5:30 and 9:30 p.m.
About Amica Insurance
Amica Mutual Insurance Co., the nation’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles, was founded in 1907. The company, based in Lincoln, Rhode Island, is a national writer of auto, home, marine and umbrella insurance. Life coverage is available through Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary. Amica employs more than 3,300 people in 43 offices across the country. For more information, visit Amica.com.
CONTACT: Vince Burks, Corporate Communications, 50 Amica Way, Lincoln, RI 02865-1155, 800-652-6422, ext. 24563
Facebook: Amica Mutual Insurance Co.