Our latest-version PUSH SDK enables Android & iOS developers to quickly and easily build push capabilities into their mobile applications, through real-time connectivity to PUSH’s innovative, multi-channel mobile marketing and customer messaging platform.
BDIGITAL APPS, BARCELONA (PRWEB) November 11, 2014
PUSH Technologies (http://pushtech.com) today announced the immediate availability of its latest-version PUSH SDK for iOS and Android, anticipating the upcoming rollout of its PUSH multi-channel mobile marketing and customer messaging platform in major European markets.
Unveiled here today during the 5th Annual BDigital Apps conference in Barcelona, the new PUSH SDK lets developers of mobile apps running on thousands of Apple and Android smartphone and tablet devices tap into the power of PUSH’s multi-channel marketing and messaging platform, enabling brands, retailers and businesses of all sizes to increase customer engagement with their mobile apps, build brand loyalty and achieve greater levels of customer satisfaction.
Available for immediate download at http://developers.pushtech.com/sdks, the latest-version of the PUSH SDK for Android and iOS lets mobile developers connect apps through the PUSH REST API to the PUSH multi-channel platform, enabling app owners to deliver automated, real-time notifications, alerts, reminders and campaigns via Push Notification, SMS, Instant Messaging and Email directly to users’ mobile devices exactly when and where their customers need to receive them.
“PUSH Technologies is very pleased to provide developers of mobile apps for iOS and Android with our latest-version PUSH SDK, enabling them to quickly and easily build push capabilities into their mobile applications through real-time connectivity to PUSH’s innovative, multi-channel mobile marketing and customer messaging platform,” said PUSH Technologies Co-Founder and Managing Director Gerard Peiró, who is presenting today during the BDigital Apps 2014 conference on the topic of mobile messaging and real-time data.
“As PUSH begins our platform rollout across Europe in the coming days, mobile apps incorporating the PUSH SDK running on hundreds of Apple and Android devices will enable businesses of all sizes – from mid-sized companies to global brands and mega-retailers – to effectively engage users through PUSH’s automated, multi-channel notifications and messaging, responding in real-time to customers’ needs, while generating efficiencies and revenues that bolster their bottom line,” Peiró added.
Mobile developers building apps targeting Apple’s iOS will appreciate the ease of integration and the advanced features of the new PUSH SDK, which delivers:
- Full iOS 8 Support: Fully tested and verified on apps already running on iOS 8, the PUSH SDK includes support for the new iOS 8 notifications registration model and enables work on projects with support for iOS 7 without the need to create an embedded framework through iOS 8;
- Swift Support: Full support of the new Swift programming language introduced at Apple's 2014 Worldwide Developers Conference, enabling developers to add Swift code to existing apps without having to replace older Objective-C code or to build the entire app in Swift code from the outset;
- Block-based Events: Improved events management with notifications via Objective-C blocks rather than delegate methods, giving developers cleaner, more simplified coding options;
- Drag-and-Drop Setup: An easy-to-use, drag-and-drop setup process with walk-through tutorial that enables developers to easily set up the SDK with no changes required in the project's settings; and,
- CocoaPods Dependency Management: Simple management of all dependencies during project setup, using the popular Ruby-based CocoaPods dependency manager for Objective-C projects.
Android developers integrating PUSH capabilities into mobile apps running on multiple versions of Android OS will find the new PUSH SDK provides:
- Support for Android 2.3 – 5.0: Full support for applications targeting the latest Android 5.0 (API 21), with backwards compatibility through Android 2.3 (API 9), the lowest Android version compatible with current Android Play Services;
- Rapid Integration Process: A simplified integration process with easy step-by-step documentation that lets even junior developers integrate the PUSH SDK within mobile apps in less than one hour;
- Full Control of Notifications: Fully customizable notifications behavior, letting developers designate app response when a push is received, selecting whether to show the notification or not, how to show it, whether to use the push as a trigger for background actions and more;
- Stored Campaigns History: Storage of all campaigns history in an internal SDK database, enabling quick retrieval of all information related to campaigns deliveries for analysis and further optimization; and,
- Compact File Size: A streamlined PUSH SDK size of less than 150KB, placing virtually no burden on the complete size of Android application package (.apk) files.
Developers interested in learning more about the latest-version PUSH SDK for Android and iOS or who want to download the SDKs directly should visit http://developers.pushtech.com/sdks or contact the PUSH developer support team via e-mail at dev(dot)support(at)pushtech(dot)com.
Brands, retailers and businesses in the financial services, travel & hospitality and other industries interested in learning more about the PUSH multi-channel platform and services can visit http://www.pushtech.com.
About PUSH Technologies
PUSH Technologies’ intelligent, multi-channel mobile marketing and messaging platform enables brands, retailers and service providers to quickly build and maintain lasting real-time relationships with mobile-connected consumers. Combining Push Notification, SMS, Instant Messaging and Email, PUSH Technologies’ highly scalable platform lets businesses of all sizes deliver notifications, alerts, reminders and campaigns directly to mobile devices exactly when and where their customers need to receive them. PUSH dynamically increases the ROI for all mobile actions through more efficient, effective and cost-reduced communications with consumers, increasing engagement with mobile apps, expanding brand loyalty and improving customer satisfaction. For more information, visit: http://www.pushtech.com.